Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

Paula's Choice

Does anyone have experience with the carbon mask? Is it really good in getting rid of oiliness and clogging?

What else from her line is also worth checking out? Is her BP 2.5% any less irritating than CSR?

Does anyone have experience with the carbon mask? Is it really good in getting rid of oiliness and clogging?

What else from her line is also worth checking out? Is her BP 2.5% any less irritating than CSR?

If you're going to buy one product from the Paula's Choice line, get one of her beta hydroxy acid products. My favorite is the 2% BHA Liquid.

You could try the Blemish Fighting Solution with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide; next to Dan's it's the cheapest per ounce I know of. Also, it contains more skin-soothing ingredients, which might make it easier to tolerate. However, there's nothing wrong with Dan's CSR Gel, and it is the best value I've seen for a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide product. I see no reason why you would need to switch from Dan's to Paula's unless you wanted to try something different.

I've never tried Paula's Carbon Mask; I've thought about ordering it but always blow my budget on her other skin care and makeup products. Any decent mask (and Paula's is better-formulated than many) can temporarily help the skin look less oily and reduce blackheads, but it's not a staple in my regimen because I use an exfoliant regularly as well as powder/oil blotting sheets. Not that a mask isn't worth using- one can make a noticeable improvement in the skin over time, but using one isn't necessary, either.