Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok. i don't have actual pimples on my forehead.. but i have like, some sort of weird redness to it. the odd thing is is that i don't use ANYTHING on my forehead besides a cleasner. i mean, why would I if there's no acne there?

the cleanser i use is cetaphil gentle cleasner which people have said can be irritating due to SLS. i notice that right after i get out of the shower my forehead brightens up into redness. my lower face and neck do NOT have this problem at ALL. so.. yeah, what should i do?

i do have 2-3 red marks on my forehead due to pimples there a couple years ago. oddly my forehead problems just one day completely stopped, but anyway..

i currently remain relatively clear with dans regimen but only at night, and only on my chin area.

#-o don't mean to worry you as it might not be the case with you, with me, a red patch usually mean theres a spot waiting to rear it's ugly head, a big one normally :-s

nah no pimple coming. it's literally been close to 9 months or so since i've had anything there. i've gone days due to work without washing my forehead before and had no problems

i realize my description was vague so how about this:

it looks like i applied bp w/o using moisturizer at all. red, bad color, tone or whatevery ou want to call it. but i don't apply anything there.

Guest fatman_uk

Same happened to me, one day my forehead just stopped gettin pimples about 4 years ago... weird.

Anyhow, how long does the redness stay there? Would it be due to the water bein too hot? Have you tried puttin a THIN layer of moisturiser to calm it down?

-Gaz

Does this happen when you shampoo? It's possible that your forehead gets a 'double dose" of SLS from the Cetaphil AND your shampoo. My allergic acne was always on my temples and forehead until i switched to SLS free shampoos. My lower face never had the problem with the allergic acne, even though i used cleanser there too, shampoos often have higher levels of SLS, and are harsher.

yeah, maybe i'll try using a moisturizer. i have a weird face.. my nose peels but i don't put anything on it at all since it has no acne. it's red too.. which is mind boggling again because i don't actually apply anything there at all. my shampoo has no SLS in it, so..

i just donno what it could be. originally i thought it was due to work because i was in the sun a lot (usmc), but that hasn't been the case for atleast 3 months.

Guest fatman_uk

The damage from the sun could still be there... if your nose is peeling it makes sense to try a bit of moisturiser there too... only stop if it breaks you out.

-Gaz

eh, maybe it's due to lack of sleep. due to work, again, i've gotten maybe 4-5 hrs a day for the past 2 weeks.

btw, that whole moisturizer on the nose thing helped a lot

same here, used to have pimples on my nose when I was younger, now after a few years I'm not getting anything in the area anymore. A few years ago I used to have pimples on my forehead, after a few years it stopped. I used to have pimples on my jawline, now I'm not anymore.

It's down to the cheecks now, so I guess its gradually fading away. good sign tho!