Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ami24

Does BP do anything for blackheads?

Just wondering if BP helps at all with getting rid of blackheads? I have a few on my nose, not too noticeable but I was hoping...

i think it got rid of mine, tho some of the bigger ones i got impatient and just squeezed them. some people say it did nothing for them, so youll just have to see. :doubt:

Ah i see. does anyone know the science behind the blackhead? why does it form exactly? because I guess if you take into effect that oxygen is produced from using BP maybe that oxygen will kill the blackhead?

http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html

Blackheads: Blackheads result when a pore is only partially blocked, allowing some of the trapped sebum (oil), bacteria, and dead skin cells to slowly drain to the surface. The black color is not caused by dirt. Rather, it is a reaction of the skin's own pigment, melanin, reacting with the oxygen in the air. A blackhead tends to be a stable structure, and can often take a long time to clear. You can view a diagram of a blackhead on the what is acne page. The Clear Skin Regimen provides a step-by-step program on how to treat blackheads.