Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fade_Out

Loose or pressed powder?

i recommend and prefer loose. its doesnt contain more ingredients to 'bind' the powder together (pressed powder) though i think if you want heavier coverage and ease, pressed is probably the choice.

i recommend and prefer loose. its doesnt contain more ingredients to 'bind' the powder together (pressed powder) though i think if you want heavier coverage and ease, pressed is probably the choice.

I agree

Is loose or pressed powder better for providing smoother, longer make-up coverage?

and what is the difference between the two?

I dont know which is better for coverage, i use both and they seem the same to me.

They difference between the 2 is that Pressed powders come in portable compacts like this. They include a mirror and a sponge thing(the sponges suck by the way). You can use the crap sponge to apply it or buy a brush to apply it. These are better for 'touch ups' throughout the day.

Loose powder come in small jars like this one. Its just the jar and powder, you have to buy a brush to apply it.

Guest blackheadben

I used to use pressed but it doesn't control oil as well. I use loose in the morning and blot excess oil with tissue thorugh out the day if I get shiny. I do, however, carry a pressed powder in my pocket during the summer to touch up because I can get really greezy lookin in the heat. I recommend using loose in the morning and keeping a pressed in your pocket/purse to touch up during the day if you need it. Just don't use pressed in the morning to set your makeup because it doesn't have enough "absorbtion" IMO to set make up thoroughly.