Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Molly Jean

Mean Commentary About Ones Acne

Guest Molly Jean
A lot of people with acne become very insecure and worthless. I have gotten some of the most hurtful commentary this past week. One person told me my cystic acne look like I got bit by a spider. A woman at the mall I bought a hairclip from said, "Did your face turn like that in your sleep?" Another person said, "What happened to your face?!" That person started laughing which isnt even funny. Other than silence do you think there are better ways of responding to this commentary without being equally rude and in a way that is effective?

Guest Molly Jean

This goes in emotional effects of acne.

But to answer your question, just say 'Well, you're an idiot. Fortunately for me, my acne goes away in a few years'

I am not gonna say that because then they will know it got to me. The only idiot would be me if I say that.

I would just laugh, look happy, and then call them an asshole and walk away.

Or I suppose a more polite way would be to tell them

"You should watch what you say, you might wind up really hurting someones feelings. Thats not very cool"

"You should watch what you say, you might wind up really hurting someones feelings. Thats not very cool"

Yeah... I think the first is better. Just kind of like 'HAHA. *evil stare*'

Or just stay quiet. It will hurt them more to know they did that to you. Just look hurt. Really hurt. Some day, when they're older, they'll realize what they did

Karma solves all.

actually...the way i believe karma works in these situations is...their future posterity will suffer acne and THen they will realize what their true intentions and misplaced values are....something like that.

I would just say..."that's pretty fudged ( messed, or F*cked) up bro" or ma'am, or....politely "yea, im working on it."

Guest Molly Jean

Thank you, acnevy and spitfire909x! That is much better advice than giving by the person above. *cough* *cough*

Yeah... I think the first is better. Just kind of like 'HAHA. *evil stare*'

Or just stay quiet. It will hurt them more to know they did that to you. Just look hurt. Really hurt. Some day, when they're older, they'll realize what they did

Karma solves all.

actually...the way i believe karma works in these situations is...their future posterity will suffer acne and THen they will realize what their true intentions and misplaced values are....something like that.

I would just say..."that's pretty fudged ( messed, or F*cked) up bro" or ma'am, or....politely "yea, im working on it."

If I am rude I am just stooping to their level! That will get me nowhere and Im not gonna say, "Yeah Im working on it." That is none of their business and that is too much information. Its none of their business that I have an acne problem in the first place.

A lot of people with acne become very insecure and worthless. I have gotten some of the most hurtful commentary this past week. One person told me my cystic acne look like I got bit by a spider. A woman at the mall I bought a hairclip from said, "Did your face turn like that in your sleep?" Another person said, "What happened to your face?!" That person started laughing which isnt even funny. Other than silence do you think there are better ways of responding to this commentary without being equally rude and in a way that is effective?

Wow....impressively insensitive people! :naughty:

I might first say "Excuse me? Could you say that again?" (people rarely have the nerve to say something that rude out loud twice when called out about it--plus it makes them realize in public how rude they are).

Followed by "No, my face did not turn like this in my sleep. Did you become that rude while you were sleeping?"

....or....."Well...time will heal my face, I just hope it makes you a better person."

Yeah...I know...no cuss words involved, but sometimes it's more effective without them.

Hang tough! :D Not all people are that insensitive, and insensitive people aren't worth your time!!!

W+S

I think there is only one way to deal with everything in this world. Lead by example. Treat them as you would wish them to treat you. You will be the better person, and they might learn something.

what charming people you meet! :shock:

I like the asking them to repeat it idea, they'd never have to nerve to say it again and if they do well theyre just plain idiots!

these people arent worth a second thought though, just rememeber what goes around comes around!

A woman at the mall I bought a hairclip from said, "Did your face turn like that in your sleep?"

Was that woman slightly on the slow side? That's so random.

Where do you find assholes like that?

I've never met anyone with enough nerve to comment about my acne in a mean way.

I agree with everyone else though. I think asking them to repeat themselves is the best way to go

just have absolutely no emotion in your face. just reach up, find a random zit and just start popping it right in front of them while staring at them. and if all your zits are cysts that'd be pretty hard, so just say "where is that comment going to take you in life? is it really necessary? go home and think about this, child. and just walk away impassively.

what fucked up experiences... sorry you had to go thru that. very tough question you posed, and i wish i knew a good answer. :think:

but hey, are you in san francisco? if so, you're about 15-20 minutes from me. :) what mall was this?! i'll go beat that woman up! :box:

:P:comfort:

Guest Molly Jean

what fucked up experiences... sorry you had to go thru that. very tough question you posed, and i wish i knew a good answer. :think:

but hey, are you in san francisco? if so, you're about 15-20 minutes from me. :) what mall was this?! i'll go beat that woman up! :box:

:P:comfort:

Well actually the mall is Serramonte Mall in Daly City. Please dont beat her up, lmao! The way she said it, she was teasing me but the words were hurtful. I was born at SF Kaiser though, I grew up in Westlake, and I love Stonestown Mall a lot :)

Hahaha, I just noticed you joined this site on my 22nd birthday :)

I might first say "Excuse me? Could you say that again?" (people rarely have the nerve to say something that rude out loud twice when called out about it--plus it makes them realize in public how rude they are).

Followed by "No, my face did not turn like this in my sleep. Did you become that rude while you were sleeping?"

....or....."Well...time will heal my face, I just hope it makes you a better person."

Yeah...I know...no cuss words involved, but sometimes it's more effective without them.

Hang tough! :D Not all people are that insensitive, and insensitive people aren't worth your time!!!

W+S

I was actually thinking after I wrote this. I love your idea to responding to those rude people asking what happened to my face. I thought of one to, "What happened to your manners?"

W+S

I'm probaly the slowest thinker in my school year, "No, my face did not turn like this in my sleep. Did you become that rude while you were sleeping?" I would have to stand there for atleast 2 mins to think of a comeback like that.

And yeah, i never heard of asking them to repeat, that sounds like the BOMB! Very good advice, even though people dont really make comments about my acne.

I dunno if this makes any difference, but i have this constant urge to beat people up, but i haven't been in a fight in over 4 years. Not cuz im pissed off, cuz i like fighting, lol. I also strongly believe in karma, so fighting around would just not be me.

I'm with everybody else on this, ask them to repeat and then if needed tell them that since meeting them you've decided you're in favour of abortions in cases of incest, learn from their parents mistakes and use birth control.

Probably my respones would be something like acting oblivious for a moment then saying, "oh, did you say something?" and then go from there.

To add to rude stories, I work in a natural foods store and I always have people bringing up my skin condition and then telling me what I should take for it. And they don't even get it after I tell them I have been on Accutane twice, on billions on antibiotics, tried tons of topicals, and tried other things (where you had to get your blood drawn also, thats all I remember) and refused to go on Spirnolactone when they told me that if I got pregnant my baby would not be male or female, tried every natural remedy in the book etc. etc. etc. run on sentence. They still try to cure me... "make your own tincture of burdock root", "EFAs" (duh!), "get this homeopathic preparation of nettles and silica" (nettles can break you out, actually, but I am sure i homeopathically prepared version wont, but still!). I just want to tell them to shut the fuck up and stop talking.

If they were around my age i would punch them dead in the face. Ignorant people get knocked out, my boxing skills would clearly be shown.

:( when people used to say things like that to me..I just wanted to crawl up in a hole and die :cry: ...even to this day..my face is a touchy subject..if you wanna piss me off...bring it up....but usually I did'nt say anything not wanting to cause a fight..even though deep inside..I wanted cut their f**king head off :lol: if only that was legal :rolleyes: .....but if you get up in somebody face everytime that comment on it..you'll be in a fight every day..so sometimes...you just gotta keep ya mouth shut...and slice their tires...key their car..throw a brick through window and pee in their gas tank later :lol:

Ignorant people get knocked out

How many times have you had the shit smacked out of you then?

Well considering i am a second degree black belt, tai-qwon do leader, and 3rd year boxer...never? All im sayin is people who talk shit get knocked out.

i am a second degree black belt, tai-qwon do leader, and 3rd year boxer

You know anything about Krav Maga? I've been looking into learning it.

Guest Molly Jean

I think there is only one way to deal with everything in this world. Lead by example. Treat them as you would wish them to treat you. You will be the better person, and they might learn something.

That reminds me. I kind of like this as a response, "I dont talk down to you! I would appreciate the same respect!"