Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joygirl

Steaming with vinegar water?

I'm curious -- if putting vinegar on your face with a cottonball is helpful, would steaming your face with vinegar water be beneficial in helping it to really get into the pores?

Of course, you'd be unable to breathe in the steam -- ha...

Has anyone tried this before? Would it be edifying to the skin? Any information on this subject would be great! :-)

thanx

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Sounds like a good idea in my opinion, but why don't you try putting the vinegar on your face and steam it with just water?

An excellent face mask is to get some benzonite clay (in powder from from a health store) and mix it with apple cider vinegar - just mix it to a thick gloopy consistency and apply for 20 minutes - this is the most powerful mask I know of - when you wash off, your face will be red for an hour or so, so best to be done at night. It deep cleanses your pores and then makes your face feel incredibly smooth.

Guest Crooked I

Will this clay help prevent acne then?

Crooked I-From my experience, the use of apple cider vinegar in general has stopped my breakouts. I had a couple of bad months of cystic acne prior to starting the vinegar method, and the breakouts have finally stopped!

Maya, I want to try this mask. How often would you recommend it? Also, how would it fit in with the other things your are doing...daily vinegar use, lactic peels, pure deming etc....

Thanks for the info, Jane.

Jane - I would suggest people do this once every 2/3 days if they are breaking out - if not, just whenever you want a deep cleanse. A warning - this makes the cider vinegar very potent and steams it on your face.. watch out for the fumes ha ha!!!

I probably only do this every 2-3 weeks (I'm not breaking out anymore) - I would do it before bed and then just apply a moisteriser like jojoba/emu and then sleep.

Vinegar is good, but I find that green jellybeans are more effective. (Make sure they are green or it won't work!)

maya: For that mask could it work it i used fullers earth or green clay? What does benzonite do? I know that fullers earth is the best for soaking up oil and skin lightening(making skin too dry) and green clay is the best for getting the toxins out.

Hey Maya,

Thanx for the info about the mask. Does it dry your skin out? I really dislike how tight my face feels after washing it...I want to just slather on moisturizer and get my normal skin back. ha. :-({|=

Anyway - I ended up steaming with the vinegar water last night -- just had to try it. It was not an option to breathe while directly over the steam. lol -- but it made my skin feel very soft to the touch. (although it felt tight on my face, if that makes sense) And this morning it seemed like the red marks from a small recent breakout were less noticable.

I'd like to get that mask as long as it doesn't make my skin even more dry.

I guess you could mix the vinegar with any type of good clay - but I have heard that benzonite is the best detoxer (it can even be taken internally as a light colonic) - and the benzonite vinegar mask makes your skin feel very smooth and clean after - not dry at all.