Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChDAT

Good things can happen even with acne

I thought I would share a very positive experience I had this weekend.

I was invited to a halloween party at friday, but originally I didn't intend to go. The reason was that I had a breakout with lots of whiteheads clustered together near the corner of my mouth the day before the party. In addition I got this big cold sore/mouth wound thing some days earlier on my bottom lip. Those two combined really made me look horrible. Some intense treatment with salicylic acid & Bp helped the acne fade a little bit, and since I'm trying to not let acne hinder my social life I decided to go anyway. I had a pretty good time until I meet this girl who really made me a happy man that evening. Wtf I thought when I saw her,why not give it a shot, and we talked for quite some time. She was really nice, intelligent and had a enchanting laughter. I just kept ignoring the fact that I had acne and a sore lip and turned all my attention on her. Without going into details I spent most of the night with her, and when I woke up the day after and looked myself in the mirror the acne was completly gone with only a little red mark left. In addition much of the wound on my lips had healed!!

This has only helped strengthen my resolve to try my best to never let acne come in the way of my social life.

yeah that takes some courage to do, just give it a shot when you know you have a breakout.

I had a costume with a mask and everything, but those things get really hot after just a little while so most people who doesn't have their faces painted take them of regularly.

Guest Crooked I

Maybe she thought that you had dressed up as an acne sufferer last night... biggrin.gif

Only joking. Are you gonna meet her again?

Hehe lol at the acne sufferer comment smile.gif Unfortunately she doesn't live the same place I do, so we have just sendt some sms's (spelling?) to each other.

You do that infiniteQuestions smile.gif Even if you get rejected, at least you can say you gave it a try. In my opinion it's better to be direct and get an answer, than constantly going around wondering what could/would/should have happened if you approached here.

---

In my opinion it's better to be direct and get an answer, than constantly going around wondering what could/would/should have happened if you approached here.

---

That has got to be the best advice I've got today. Thanks! biggrin.gif/

How did you approach the girl at the party? How did you build the confidence??

Since I was at a party there were of course some beers and drinks involved and that always helps break the barrier wink.gif My confidence is always high when drinking so the approaching part were a piece of cake.

I'm a bit more shy in my "natural" state but my approach would be somewhat the same. If you want to ask the girl out I would go to her with my chin up, back straight, smile, introduce yourself if you don't already know her and just pop the question.

Since I was at a party there were of course some beers and drinks involved and that always helps break the barrier wink.gif My confidence is always high when drinking so the approaching part were a piece of cake. 

I'm a bit more shy in my \"natural\" state but my approach would be somewhat the same. If you want to ask the girl out I would go to her with my chin up, back straight, smile, introduce yourself if you don't already know her and just pop the question.

Yes, details are nice. 8-[

It's amazing how much power a woman has over you. I swear, when I view the chick, its like some force or an invisible wall keeps me from doing anything..

Or maybe its just the Acne. biggrin.gif

i never understand that. You just walk to a girl and ask. 'Hey, how are you doing, like to go out with me?' i mean...i cant really imagine that. How do you do it biggrin.gif details plz smile.gif

----

For me at least I've found out that knowing if a girl likes me or not is far better than doing nothing about it

----

Yeah, it is. I missed two opportunities to approach this girl. We were alone too.. Its like God Himself was like " DO IT!! DO IT NOW!! "

Ahh, cant mess up for the third time. [-X

i never understand that. You just walk to a girl and ask. 'Hey, how are you doing, like to go out with me?' i mean...i cant really imagine that. How do you do it biggrin.gif details plz smile.gif

Details:

1. Lift your leftfoot forward (or your right one)

2. Lift your rightfoot forward.

3. Continue lifting your feet forward alternating between your two feets until you reach the girl.

Nah just kidding biggrin.gif

You've got the basics. There are no magic tricks. Just straightforward asking her.

To deal with the nervousnes that hidden power of girls/women can give you, you'll have to strengthen your willpower. Before I used to think like this: If she says no, will I die? Probably not. Will it hurt? Not physically but emotionally maybe. For me at least I've found out that knowing if a girl likes me or not is far better than doing nothing about it, because if I get a negative respons it's easier to get over her. If she says yes you'll be walking on air smile.gif

speaking as a girl, i love it when guys come up to me and strike up a conversation or, at a party, ask me to dance, as long as their not creepy about it. so don't be shy, you can totally make someone's day just by saying hello.