Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fireinthehole

Just purchased the Cleanser and BP from CSR...

I just purchased Dan's Cleanser and BP from ClearSkinRegimen.com, However, There is no moisturizer there. So now I need some advice on what Moisturizer would best suite my face? Here are some pics of the problem areas of face...I hope these pics don't scare anybody away...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just to be sure I got it right....

1. Cleanse.

--5-15 min--

2. Apply BP very gently

--5-15 min--

3. Moisturize.

Hopefully this will clear up my skin!! :pray::pray:

It really depends on what your face is like. Is your face really sensitive, super oily or dry, these details will decide what moisturizer would best suit you.

Hi

I think Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion would be a good one to start out with. It is very hydrating and well-tolerated.

Here is the full list of recommended products: http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Remember to start out low and slow, using only a small amount of BP for the first week while your skin is adapting to it. Increase it gradually over time so that by week 4 you are using a full fat finger worth of BP twice daily. Also remember to be super gentle with your skin from now on, no rubbing and scrubbing, and no picking or squeezing. And use plenty of moisturizer to help your skin stay balanced.

Good luck!

as your skin continues to get used to the CSR, you might then want to switch moisturizers to something like Neutrogena Moisturizer with SPF and AHA, or Lac-Hydrin Five. I would hold off on those choices for now, as youre just beginning and it might be too irritating, but those are known to help fade red marks and you might want to get them and try them sometime down the line.

hmm i just realize the cetaphil moisturizer doesnt have SPF in it, i kinda need something with SPF because my job I am out in the sun all day.... I really wish Eucerin Skin Renewal didn't get discontinued! I loved that moisturizer!

You have a few choices. You can use a non-spf moisturizer and put a sunscreen on top, or you can choose a moisturizer with spf in it. If you are out in the sun all day, I think you will likely need something stronger than spf 15 which is what is in most moisturizers.

Anyway, for moisturizers with spf, there is Neutrogena oil-free, Cetaphil facial lotion. If you want to use a non-spf moiturizer and just top it off with a sunscreen, there is Coppertone oil-free spf 30 and I think 45 too, and many people also liked Neutrogena dry touch.

Here are the ratings for the spf moisturizers:

http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=5&am...r=browse#browse