Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogprince

What can I do for uneven, tired and depressed looking skin?

Guest frogprince

The Good News

I have a long history of up and down battles with acne which is complicated and too long to post. I actually have a thread on it but it hasn't been updated. Anyways, for the most part, I am doing well.

- My acne is 98% under control“ I still a small pimple every now and then.

- Most of my red marks, dark marks and hyperpigmentation are gone.

- Scarring has improved.

- My complexion has greatly improved. (but not near where I want it to be)

The Bad News

However, although my skin is clear of acne, my overall complexion isn't near where I want it to be.

- I am dealing with complexion issues.

- Although better, my skin is still uneven.

- My skin is slightly sagging.

- Sometimes, I get compliments of:

"you look old"

"you look tired"

"you look depressed"

- I get these compliments even though I am not tired nor depressed.

It seems that my neutral expression is looking old, tired, and depressed.

Normally, I don't take pictures of myself.

Here is a picture of my uneven areas along my cheeks and jawline.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I HATE HAVING this tired, depressed, old look.

I am gone this far, now I have to cope with everything.

I am only 22 years old and I don't like looking this way. I am gone this far and I can't give up now.

CURRENT GOALS

To completely rejuvenate my skin.

To have beautiful, vibrant, healthy skin.

To have a natural youthful, energetic look.

CURRENT TOPICAL REGIMEN

Morning

- Steam face 5 minutes

- Wash with Clear Skin Regimen Gentle Cleanser

- Exfoliate with Baking Soda

- Tone with Apple Cider Vinegar - Wash off after 10 minutes

- Apply Sunblock Eurecin Healthy Skin Renewal SPF 15

Night

- Steam face 5 minutes

- Wash with Clear Skin Regimen Gentle Cleanser.

- Apply Egg White and Lemon Mask - Wash off after 20 minutes

THOUGHTS / CONCERNS

- I believe the Apple Cider Vinegar / Eggwhite & Lemon Mask regimen is great

My complexion is improved under it (I have been on it for two months), but I think it has done all what it can do. I don't think it can help any further with that tired, depressed, old look I think of the ACV/Eggwhite/Lemon combo is more as a good maintenance regimen. I will continually do it.

- Some of you may be wondering why I still have Eurecin Healthy Skin Renewal when the product was discontinued a while back. It was the only product that worked on me, and I managed to buy a few bottles from somebody who was selling them on ebay. They were more expensive, but I would pay more knowing I had a product that was very compatible with my skin.

- I used Green Cream before and I believe it is a fantastic product, but I stopped using it a few months ago. It helped with me major scarring in the past and improved my complexion, but I am concerned that I will only thinning out my skin in the long term. Plus, I want to start using more natural products. Part of me feels that I should reintegrate green cream into my regimen.

- In my closet, I have a Skinbio Exfoliating Cream, Trireduction Cream and Supercop Cream. Since am I already have a good natural exfoliator (baking soda), I don't feel like I need the Skinbio exfoliating cream. I am thinking of incorporating the Trireduction cream and Supercop into my regimen, but I don't know if it is compatible with my current topical regimen and I don't know how to integrate it.

CURRENT ORAL REGIMEN

Food

- Chicken Breasts, Egg Whites, Tuna

- Oatmeal, Brown Rice

- Apple, Broccoli, Green Beans, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Onions

Supplements

- Nature's Plus Vitamin C 1000 w/ Bioflavonoids - 1000mg twice a day

- Vitamin Shoppe MSM Powder

- Garden of Life Multivitamin

- Garden of Life OmegaZyme (Digestive Enzyme)

- Garden of Life Super Foods (Green Formula)

- Udo's Choice Omega Rich Flaxseed Oil

- Jarrows Broccomax

THOUGHTS / CONCERNS

- I am in the process of researching a flushing program.

CURRENT LIFESTYLE

- 8 hours of sleep.

- Relaxation and meditation exercises throughout the day.

- Running 6 days a week 30 minutes.

- Lots of water

QUESTIONS

- What do you guys suggest I should do about this problematic areas?

Should I?

Do a flushing program? (does the flushing program help with acne only? How about scars?)

Reintegrate Green Cream?

Is the Trireduction cream and the supercop cream worthwhile to add it? Will supercop be effective for the type of treatment? how will I incorporate it to my regimen? Will it conflict with my existing regimen?

I don't know what to say, it looks like you have everything covered and congratulations by the way for getting clear. I don't know what your skin looked like before but it looks great in the pics. Maybe its just a matter of time till you get that glow back. Apart from that perhaps go back onto the green cream or fall in love -that always makes me glow!

OMG. You seem to take care of yourself waaaay better than I and I am nearly twice your age and a woman. I applaud your routine. I think your skin looks really good. I think possibly more sleep or more hydration may give you a boost. Some type of energy drink or vitamin water to keep your skin plumped. I actually may try some of the things you mentioned. I am very impressed.

Are you an Asian?

Honestly... I really love your skin!

From what you have written in your post, I think you can publish a book of yourself getting a clear skin...Well Done!

And Sorry..I have no advice for you....your skin is already perfect!

your skin looks fantastic man, i sure wish in a year from now, i would have skin similiar to that even but where is your scars??? lol i think it is good the way it is, remember the greatest grieves are those we caused ourselves. hth

Sorry that you're not happy with your skin BUT you've got to be kidding me,

youre skin looks young, healthy great tone, people including i would'nt mind having your skin...No seriously...you're kidding right? :doh:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing when I looked at your pictures. Not to be mean, but you made it sound so much worse. I don't really see any problem. You have no SCARS! No sagging and your pores are normal size. You're skin looks perfectly normal. My suggestion is to just do what you do right now or if you have MONEY to waste, you could always go see a dermatologist. I'm sure they can put you on treatments or something else. I don't think you should waste time. Alls you need is to find is a great skincare product that might help improve your skin instead of trying to mix products yourself. If you do go and see a doc. ask them to put you on Obagi. I'm just confused why you feel the way you do. Do you have people telling you that your skin looks old or your overall appearance?? Maybe there are other reason why they would say that.

i agree with what's already been said so far - your skin really looks great.

however, i do appreciate that you'd like some constructive comments here. and i do understand how frustrating it is to not have perfect skin when you've put so much time/effort into it

to be honest, the uneven texture you're talking about and photographing probably isn't the cause of the comments you've received. it's unlikely that these people have really inspected your skin that closely to have said that.

2 main factors are probably causing the comments:

1) how 'plumped' (ie hydrated) your skin looks from afar

2) lines/wrinkles etc

hydration includes both internal and external.

from what i've read, you seem to have covered the internal aspect quite thoroughly witi your diet, supplements and water. i guess you could consider adding a fish oil capsule or including more salmon, almonds, avocado etc. and also making sure you really up your water intake with the exercise.

external: i've noticed you're not really using a good moisturiser. consider adding a good oil-free moisturiser to keep the skin more plumped up.

what's the rest of your skin like - esp the forehead, and around your eyes? often these areas (and the areas around your mouth) are most significant when people are judging your age. make sure they look hydrated and fresh too. consider adding an eye cream to help with the fine lines, dark circles, sunken appearance etc.

hope that helps somewhat

I can see scars. I can see a small collection of scarred pores on the cheeks and some shallow rolling scars on the outer cheek and side of the mouth. They are not bad though which means you have a great chance of success. I doubt you will need to do anything drastic either.

I think mz43026 you are being a little rude in dismissing frogprice's concerns. Photos don't always show scar depth. That said, I agree with you that a derm would be a good place to start.

frogprince, I have scarred pores and shollow rolling scars and I am on a Retin-A for it. It is helping but it is a slow process and I am always peeling. I think the green cream would be beneficial in this way too without the extreme side effects of peeling and sensitive skin.

I have read on these boards and my ps has advised me too that IPL can permanently tighten large and scarred pores and so this may help your scarred pores. I personally don't have any experience with this although I plan to do a course of them when I finally drop to a maintence level of Retin-A.

Again, I think your skin looks great. Good on you.

The Good News

I have a long history of up and down battles with acne which is complicated and too long to post. I actually have a thread on it but it hasn't been updated. Anyways, for the most part, I am doing well.

- My acne is 98% under control“ I still a small pimple every now and then.

- Most of my red marks, dark marks and hyperpigmentation are gone.

- Scarring has improved.

- My complexion has greatly improved. (but not near where I want it to be)

The Bad News

However, although my skin is clear of acne, my overall complexion isn't near where I want it to be.

- I am dealing with complexion issues.

- Although better, my skin is still uneven.

- My skin is slightly sagging.

- Sometimes, I get compliments of:

"you look old"

"you look tired"

"you look depressed"

- I get these compliments even though I am not tired nor depressed.

It seems that my neutral expression is looking old, tired, and depressed.

Normally, I don't take pictures of myself.

Here is a picture of my uneven areas along my cheeks and jawline.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I HATE HAVING this tired, depressed, old look.

I am gone this far, now I have to cope with everything.

I am only 22 years old and I don't like looking this way. I am gone this far and I can't give up now.

CURRENT GOALS

To completely rejuvenate my skin.

To have beautiful, vibrant, healthy skin.

To have a natural youthful, energetic look.

CURRENT TOPICAL REGIMEN

Morning

- Steam face 5 minutes

- Wash with Clear Skin Regimen Gentle Cleanser

- Exfoliate with Baking Soda

- Tone with Apple Cider Vinegar - Wash off after 10 minutes

- Apply Sunblock Eurecin Healthy Skin Renewal SPF 15

Night

- Steam face 5 minutes

- Wash with Clear Skin Regimen Gentle Cleanser.

- Apply Egg White and Lemon Mask - Wash off after 20 minutes

THOUGHTS / CONCERNS

- I believe the Apple Cider Vinegar / Eggwhite & Lemon Mask regimen is great

My complexion is improved under it (I have been on it for two months), but I think it has done all what it can do. I don't think it can help any further with that tired, depressed, old look I think of the ACV/Eggwhite/Lemon combo is more as a good maintenance regimen. I will continually do it.

- Some of you may be wondering why I still have Eurecin Healthy Skin Renewal when the product was discontinued a while back. It was the only product that worked on me, and I managed to buy a few bottles from somebody who was selling them on ebay. They were more expensive, but I would pay more knowing I had a product that was very compatible with my skin.

- I used Green Cream before and I believe it is a fantastic product, but I stopped using it a few months ago. It helped with me major scarring in the past and improved my complexion, but I am concerned that I will only thinning out my skin in the long term. Plus, I want to start using more natural products. Part of me feels that I should reintegrate green cream into my regimen.

- In my closet, I have a Skinbio Exfoliating Cream, Trireduction Cream and Supercop Cream. Since am I already have a good natural exfoliator (baking soda), I don't feel like I need the Skinbio exfoliating cream. I am thinking of incorporating the Trireduction cream and Supercop into my regimen, but I don't know if it is compatible with my current topical regimen and I don't know how to integrate it.

CURRENT ORAL REGIMEN

Food

- Chicken Breasts, Egg Whites, Tuna

- Oatmeal, Brown Rice

- Apple, Broccoli, Green Beans, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Onions

Supplements

- Nature's Plus Vitamin C 1000 w/ Bioflavonoids - 1000mg twice a day

- Vitamin Shoppe MSM Powder

- Garden of Life Multivitamin

- Garden of Life OmegaZyme (Digestive Enzyme)

- Garden of Life Super Foods (Green Formula)

- Udo's Choice Omega Rich Flaxseed Oil

- Jarrows Broccomax

THOUGHTS / CONCERNS

- I am in the process of researching a flushing program.

CURRENT LIFESTYLE

- 8 hours of sleep.

- Relaxation and meditation exercises throughout the day.

- Running 6 days a week 30 minutes.

- Lots of water

QUESTIONS

- What do you guys suggest I should do about this problematic areas?

Should I?

Do a flushing program? (does the flushing program help with acne only? How about scars?)

Reintegrate Green Cream?

Is the Trireduction cream and the supercop cream worthwhile to add it? Will supercop be effective for the type of treatment? how will I incorporate it to my regimen? Will it conflict with my existing regimen?

I think I should just do myself in right now if u think u look bad!

Your skin looks a little depressed in certain areas but otherwise it looks really, really good.

I definitely do not see sagging! But if you don't want sagging skin than you better get on glycolic acid daily as fast as you can. None of the products you are using are approved for anti-aging. Consider using either topical retinoids, Tazorac, or at the bare minimal glycolic acid. Glycolic acid helps control acne where as the retinoids may cause you to break out for a while. I would aim for a toner with 11% glycolic acid - try using it twice daily. It is to be used on both the neck and face.

Also, do not sleep on your face ever. It is best to sleep on your back. If you sleep on your face it can lead to wrinkles.

Try not to go out in the sun a lot - can lead to sagging skin over time.

Retin A (micro if poss) and maybe 6 microdermabrasions (1 per month) (with a good machine e.g. dermagenesis (highly recommended) or Ultrapeel. Helps the effect of the Retin A significantly. But that's if you have money to waste otherwise def try and use Retin-A or Green cream if your skin can't handle it.

I wouldn't risk any scar procedures seeing your skin looks so good. Topicals should help the texture!

I can see scars. I can see a small collection of scarred pores on the cheeks and some shallow rolling scars on the outer cheek and side of the mouth. They are not bad though which means you have a great chance of success. I doubt you will need to do anything drastic either.

I think mz43026 you are being a little rude in dismissing frogprice's concerns. Photos don't always show scar depth. That said, I agree with you that a derm would be a good place to start.

frogprince, I have scarred pores and shollow rolling scars and I am on a Retin-A for it. It is helping but it is a slow process and I am always peeling. I think the green cream would be beneficial in this way too without the extreme side effects of peeling and sensitive skin.

I have read on these boards and my ps has advised me too that IPL can permanently tighten large and scarred pores and so this may help your scarred pores. I personally don't have any experience with this although I plan to do a course of them when I finally drop to a maintence level of Retin-A.

Again, I think your skin looks great. Good on you.

NO! He doesn't have scars on his cheeks. Stop picking out problems that isn't there. I'm not being rude, I'm just telling my reaction when I saw his photos. I think frogprince should be happy that we're all complimenting his skin in a way. I don't come on here to be rude and argue w/ ppl. I'm here to give suggestions to Frogprince.

Frogprince:

I see 1-2 scars on the temple but their so small and I think they will heal on its own.

I really admire Asian Celebrities skin. Most of them look flawless w/o makeup. But that's not normal. What frogprince has is a normal skin. You can choose to improve them (pores, skin tone). If I were you, I would't be too stressed out over it. Some of those bumps on your skin I'm gussing is from shaving?? I think a good toner or Tazorac can help it alot. You can also try Fraxel if you want to spent the money. Anyways, don't try anything w/o seeing a doctor.

Retin A (micro if poss) and maybe 6 microdermabrasions (1 per month) (with a good machine e.g. dermagenesis (highly recommended) or Ultrapeel. Helps the effect of the Retin A significantly. But that's if you have money to waste otherwise def try and use Retin-A or Green cream if your skin can't handle it.

I wouldn't risk any scar procedures seeing your skin looks so good. Topicals should help the texture!

wdf???? microdermabrasion??? wdf for???? excuse my language but this can do him more harm then positive, do not listen to her, retin A will cost your skin to peel if you use a lot and stimulate collagen somewhat, but i repeat, do not do any peel or anything over aggressive cuz u just dont need it man.

oh yea, for those lil acne spots, try spot treating it with retin-a, it should help, try with the weakest form of retin a micro.

[attachmentid=6633]i remember you from the other forum.you had accutane and were worried about getting girls.i used to be joeh there.i have since spent about 60k on plastic surgery and 20k on acne scar treatments.i went to clinic estetica last july and had 18ccs of precise injected into my face.i did change my sex because i was sick of putting up with cystic acne.and no i dont like guys..i just had bad skin.at least i dont have to suffer from acne anymore. here is my pic after 40k ffs in san francisco and precise.

post-36707-1163396229_thumb.jpg

post-36707-1163396229_thumb.jpg

Dude, I would smack you if you were my brother. A 22 years old straight male which skin like yours shouldn't be worried about this. This forum is for people who have real scars. Your problem is like those skinny supermodels worrying about getting fat. Just make sure you don't have acnes, moisturize your skin regularly, and put your mind and energy into something else. Seriously, your scars (if they're existed) are superficial and so are you. Sorry if I'm being harsh on you.

[attachmentid=6633]i remember you from the other forum.you had accutane and were worried about getting girls.i used to be joeh there.i have since spent about 60k on plastic surgery and 20k on acne scar treatments.i went to clinic estetica last july and had 18ccs of precise injected into my face.i did change my sex because i was sick of putting up with cystic acne.and no i dont like guys..i just had bad skin.at least i dont have to suffer from acne anymore. here is my pic after 40k ffs in san francisco and precise.

ARE YOU SERIOUS

That's VERY shocking to be heard from someone

nothing offenisve but it's just.... :ninja:

Why would you change your sex when u dun like girls...

U going to be a lesbian or something...?

ARE YOU SERIOUS

yes im serious.....i had everything for my acne and was sick of putting up with it.i had accutane twice and it didnt work so i went on premarin/spiro and my skin has been clear every since.i get more girls being a lesbian than i ever got as a guy.no..i think i would throw up if i had to have sex with a guy.its better to have some life than none.

ARE YOU SERIOUS

frogprince....are you sure u dont wanna be a girl?just kiddin.......i never thought i would be called sweetie and honey.

yes im serious.....i had everything for my acne and was sick of putting up with it.i had accutane twice and it didnt work so i went on premarin/spiro and my skin has been clear every since.i get more girls being a lesbian than i ever got as a guy.no..i think i would throw up if i had to have sex with a guy.its better to have some life than none.

Wow. That's quite extreme. Had you have desire to be a woman before using premarin/sprio? Did you decide to go on premarin/spiro merely just to clear up your skin or you had always wanted to be a woman? Did you have the sex change because there was no turning back after being on premarin/spiro for so long? Hope you don't mind me asking many questions but your story is quite fascinating. If you're happier now being a female than a male, that's all it matters. :clap: