Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so quite a few of my friends have myspace now, this pretty much sums them up:

I have millions of friends

I'm so social, active and independent

I'm living life to the fullest

Everyone wants to know me

I’m so successful

I've done so much in my life and I’m only 20.

I party 24/7 and travel everywhere...and I have perfect skin.

Yea? that’s great, I don’t.

thanks for that, I really needed reassurance that I’m a complete failure.

rant over.

Myspace is also about self-promotion. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's similar to judging yourself by magazine models - there's a very good chance what you are seeing is not the day to day person.

Why would anyone post on there that they aren't awesome? I only put up flattering pics for example. I have some coworkers with a bunch of drunken pics (I guess the party 24/7 type) and I'd be embarrassed if I were them - who knows who's looking at my page so I want to look good. And yeah, mine makes me look uber-successful and like I've done so much at a young age. But I'm proud of my job and my grad degree (well, graduating in Dec). So I post that instead of something that makes me look lame.

Myspace is also about self-promotion. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's similar to judging yourself by magazine models - there's a very good chance what you are seeing is not the day to day person.

so true. people aren't going to put up shitty pictures of themselves. of course they're putting the best of what they've got, and embellishing it.

no matter how perfect people seem they never are...

MySpace can be fun to talk to your friends on. Also to meet and talk with people in the forums. I put makeup on before I take any pictures but of course they don't always cover the red dots. Even when I try really hard to fill them in. :doh: Still it's a fun place. I've met some really funny and nice people.

Myspace is a good way to keep in touch with people, and communicate with them. But there's also this overwhelming source of information that comes from it, like blogs, about mes, and bullitens. It's pretty ridiculous, you think you know someone and then you read their myspace and find out all this crap you had no idea about them.

i use myspace for music and thats pretty much it.

most of my friends have them too but id rather talk to them on the phone or AIM than leave them stupid comments or messages and that shit.

I have a myspace only to keep up with my friend (yep, only one), who is often very busy.

Myself, I'm more of a Livejournal gal. :)

It's pretty ridiculous, you think you know someone and then you read their myspace and find out all this crap you had no idea about them.

Like the fact that my ex-boyfriend and his wife are having a baby. He and I dated for three years and almost got engaged and used to talk about our future kids all the time. It upset me to read that. Sometimes its good not to know everything about everyone through their Myspace.

yeah i sometimes regret reading through someone's blogs and whatnot.

Very few of the people I know on Myspace do any real blogging, outside of a paragraph or two. That's why I like LJ, specifically designed for blogging.

Guest ANajmi85

I used to have myspace. I never wanted my pictures up because of my acne and other facial features I didn't like and photoshopped them.

Pretty fun. I can give myself green eyes, a stronger chin, no acne :):), and a goatee in 5 minutes :D

Guest Locked In Grace

Pretty fun. I can give myself green eyes, a stronger chin, no acne :) :), and a goatee in 5 minutes :D

That's pretty cool, i've never been able to work photo shop.

Guest ANajmi85

good-tutorials.com

That's good to learn some things. I probably did only about 10 hours of those tutorials on the site, and then after that everything I did from trial and error.

It's hard to learn photoshop without a proper class but it's fun learning by yourself.

Guest Locked In Grace

Yeah they're a little retarded at times. But maybe i'm just envious of people who can freely post pictures of themselves on the internet without feeling at all self conscious. :)

I only use myspace to keep up with friends. I moved to saratoga when I was 12 and never got to say goodbye to my friends, and coincidentially I didn't have any of their numbers. So one day I tried searching myspace and I found almost all of my good friends from back home. That is one good reason to have myspace

Yeah, just do yourself a favour and do not "browse" on MySpace. If you use it to stay in touch, awesome, but the whole place is just so fake, you're best off just leaving it be. Hell, only a few days ago I stumbled across a "perfection group", where they only accept you if you're beautiful. I thought I was shallow, but clearly some people don't see that "perfection" extends far FAR FAR beyond the human shell.

Anyways, yeah, LJ is better.. I have one, but I have an incredibly uninteresting life so there is little to post. :/

Edit: lol @ noticing typo a day later

so... is it just me who finds them completely ridiculous?

Nah, I'm with ya man. They're for Trendy emo wanks.

MySpace is prosaic, but it's a great way to communicate and to keep in touch with friends. Personally, I don't use it to tout my physique in pictures, like a lot of people do. It's a great place to meet new people, but since it's the Internet there are always risks involved. As far as the MySpace and the inner twining of the Internet is concerned, people on there are either truthful or dishonest; there really is no in between. We live in an era where appearance overrides the emotions and genuineness of the human existence. Sad, really. But as you sift through the assortment of pages, you're bound to find a lot of people who share similar values as you.

so quite a few of my friends have myspace now, this pretty much sums them up:

I have millions of friends

I'm so social, active and independent

I'm living life to the fullest

Everyone wants to know me

I’m so successful

I've done so much in my life and I’m only 20.

I party 24/7 and travel everywhere...and I have perfect skin.

Yea? that’s great, I don’t.

thanks for that, I really needed reassurance that I’m a complete failure.

rant over.

I have a MySpace.

It's funny because I never really cared to have one. Maybe subconsciously, my impression wasn't a great one either. I initially only signed up to write to an old friend who was a member. Then I began to notice a couple of people from my high school who had pages, and I thought I should maybe add a few details, in case anyone would happen to want to get in touch with me.

Slowly I started to learn how to add things (backgrounds, songs, pictures, etc.), and really, I think that's the most I do with it. I have a few people on my list but I keep in touch with them through other means.

I think it is just like any other personal website in a way, though perhaps more compact, and can be a nice way to share a little bit of yourself through creativity. I do think it can be a great way to get to know new people, to create new contacts with common interests, etc., though the ones I have on my list (except one) were people I knew before I created an account. I also think it is a great way for less known musical artists to have their music shared a bit more easily.

I have also posted a few blogs.

All in all, I feel that MySpace is like many other things in that, in itself, it isn't positive or negative. It is what you do with it or use it for that may determine that.

Yeah, just do yourself a favour and do not "browse" on MySpace. If you use it to stay in touch, awesome, but the whole place is just so sake, you're best off just leaving it be. Hell, only a few days ago I stumbled across a "perfection group", where they only accept you if you're beautiful. I thought I was shallow, but clearly some people don't see that "perfection" extends far FAR FAR beyond the human shell.

Anyways, yeah, LJ is better.. I have one, but I have an incredibly uninteresting life so there is little to post. :/

Oh god. I never "browse." Theres some crazy shit out there.. All I did was put my friends names into the search thing and look them up. I'm so glad I did