Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DBOHL

Questions about geting accutane

Alright im 16/17 years old and have very mod. acne if not worse. So i have a few questions before i go to my derm for the first time..... Lets say I could get accutane......How does the insurance work with it? Will insurance cover it or not? does it vary? I was in the hospital this year and met our deductible. Just wondering? thanks a lot

i ve talked to alot of people about their insurance with accutane. many insurance companies will cover it though the extent of the coverage varies. one person i know only had to pay $5 per month while i on the other hand pay over $400 per month.(my insurance sucks i know).

Alright im 16/17 years old and have very mod. acne if not worse. So i have a few questions before i go to my derm for the first time..... Lets say I could get accutane......How does the insurance work with it? Will insurance cover it or not? does it vary? I was in the hospital this year and met our deductible. Just wondering? thanks a lot

each insurance company is different. there are brand name and generic accutane out there, so in most cases, you will get some generic of the product. for me, in 2007, a brand name drug in a 30 day script will cost me $25. a 30-day script for a generic drug is $10. the retail price, what someone without insurance would pay, for the drug i'm taking now (a generic) is $290 and change for a 30 day script.

call the insurance company and ask about the prices for accutane and its generic. they can help you out the most.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

There's a customer service number on the back of your card. Since your most likely under your parants they with either have a card that's just for you or one that's for your whole family. Call that number and they'll be able to tell you if it's covered and your copay.

Actually everyone needs to know that info for any medicine.

It all really depends on the insurance. Some people have a high deductable insurance where they pay almost all or the full price till they meet the deductable and then copay drops dramatically. Some people only pay a small amount till they reach a point and have to pay most of it.

If you met your deductable then most likely it'll be free or very cheap if they cover it. Just call to find out for sure.

alright thanks! Ill just go to the derm and first see if i can get it or not. Yeah ours is 5000 dollars and we went way over it this year.

alright thanks! Ill just go to the derm and first see if i can get it or not. Yeah ours is 5000 dollars and we went way over it this year.

if you have a yearly allowance for medicine then that completely blows for you. accutane and its generics are NOT cheap by any means. good luck.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

if you have a yearly allowance for medicine then that completely blows for you. accutane and its generics are NOT cheap by any means. good luck.

What he means by 5000 is that is their deductable. That's the amount they have to pay before insurance will start paying for everything.

That's how insurance works.

Sorry for being so stupid but i have another quick question. If i go on it this year will the insurance not cover it anymore when the new year starts or do i pay for it all this year.

Sorry for being so stupid but i have another quick question. If i go on it this year will the insurance not cover it anymore when the new year starts or do i pay for it all this year.

Deductibles are year to year. In other words, you have to meet the deductible every year. I have no idea how this will play out for your med. Many pharmacy plans have a mandatory 'co-pay' anyway, so it might not be any change at all.

The easiest way to find out is to cll the customer service number on your insurance card and ask the question in plain english. You'll need the policy or group number and other info from the card. they will be happy to answer your questions, they get them all the time.