Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asystole

Random appearance of spots in a new place.. ?

I am on accutane for mild bacne at the moment and only really suffer from occasional spots on my face. I get spots along the jawline (between my mouth and ear) occasionally too but not too often. Only just tonight have i noticed some coming up in that spot, but not just one - there are 2 biggish ones, and 3/4 slightly smaller, all in the same area.

I'm freaking out thinking that the acne has "spread" within like one day, lol :/ Do you think it is just the drug pushing out old crap i didn't know i had? Please give some reassurance so i don't think the 'tane is causing me to contract acne on my face because i'm a huge hypocondriac.

My derm said that it may get worse before it gets better. I hope that helps.

Yeah, mine did too, but i've never had it on my face and my derm said the initial breakout will be limited to places where i actually have acne problems, i.e. my back :(

I am on accutane for mild bacne at the moment and only really suffer from occasional spots on my face. I get spots along the jawline (between my mouth and ear) occasionally too but not too often. Only just tonight have i noticed some coming up in that spot, but not just one - there are 2 biggish ones, and 3/4 slightly smaller, all in the same area.

I'm freaking out thinking that the acne has "spread" within like one day, lol :/ Do you think it is just the drug pushing out old crap i didn't know i had? Please give some reassurance so i don't think the 'tane is causing me to contract acne on my face because i'm a huge hypocondriac.

You get occasional lesions in that area because on you that area is prone to clogging of the pores. Accutane hasn't made it "spread", it is just pushing dormant stuff in acne-prone areas to the surface to flush it out.

You get occasional lesions in that area because on you that area is prone to clogging of the pores. Accutane hasn't made it "spread", it is just pushing dormant stuff in acne-prone areas to the surface to flush it out.

Oh thank god

:wub: