Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

What method is best to spot treat a big zit?

Liquid Form of Salicylic Acid...

Get those q-tip swabs from Phisoderm.. its a powerfull S. Acid that you apply before bed and it will help kill that pimple.. Also.. If it is formed as a white head allready.. I would apply a drying mask on the spot. the Queen Helens Mint Julep mask is great for spot treatment (its cheap too!).

Whatever you do.. dont use ice.. its too irritating on your skin.. and you may breakout. Good luck and dont pick at it.

clean it, gently pop it, try to get the plug out(dont try too hard if its not coming out because u'll just make it worse, just wait a littel bit and try again), clean it again, apply ice untill the clear fluid/blood stops coming out, clean it agian, put bp on it, bada bing, bada boom

wo yeah how? i pop pimples when i get them and i never get any new pimples because of it. pimples are caused when the enviornement for the bacteria to grow is created(dead skin cells and lots of sebum), not just the bacteria alone. i was reading a study earlier about how people w/severe acne and people w/no acne at all have the same amount of p. acnes baceteria on their skin. The bp would kill all the bacteria on the surface of the skin too. Perhaps if you squeeze ridiculously hard and irritate your skin around the pimple another pimple would form, but this has never happend to me. :-({|= hats w/the violin, the {|= looks more like a...

The absolute WORST thing you can do is to squeeze it until it pops, no matter how deep. This can lead to massive skin trauma, literally months of prolongued eruption, and serious scarring.

Salicylic acid and sulfur are both supposed to help with existing blemishes. Neither help very much. Your best bet is to wait it out. If it is huge, seeing a derm can help reduce chances of scarring. They have methods of reducing swelling instantly.

-Dan

what the hell snowpea, if you cant say anything productive then dont say anything at all! what if dan dint saything. Some poor sucker might listen to your advice and end up with major scarring.

I would never reccomend anything I wouldn't do myself. Of course everybody is different. I happen to have a sick penchant for popping and scar-proof skin (I've had countless cycsts, but none have left so much as a mark). So I just squueze the fuck outta it and crack the mirror with my potato chunk projectiles.

hey give snowpea some credit...at least he/she has found a way to enjoy his/her acne.

I dont care whatever the hell he does to his face but giving bad advice is another... maybe your scar wont show up now but wait till you get older, atleast thats what happened to me... i dint scar at first when i pop the zit but later on my skin started to sunk.

wow Tai, really? So what exactly was the process of your scaring. you used to pop zits, whitheads? cysts?, you'de get a red mark which would fade, and then later it sunk in? This worries me greatly since i have quite a few red marks on my cheeks from pimples i have popped and i'm waiting for them to fade. How long did it take for the skin to sink in there? Were the red marks ever gone? I had clear skin over teh summer and by the end of the summer they were almost non existant.

Yea... i used to pop the zits too early and get red marks witch dint worry me at the time cuz i thought they would go away but it takes around close to a year to notice. Even when i dont pop it, i would still end up with a lil dent so as you can see... popping the zit early can result in major scarring! DONT DO IT no matter what any idiot tells you... there are many horror stories on this. Just do a search on the board.