Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what exfoliaters are good to use in the regimen? i need one without SA in it as it aggravates my skin with the BP.

Im currently using Nivea Double Action Face Wash, Oxy on-the-spot 2.5% BP, and urban rites face relief moisturizer.

Im going to cut down to only putting BP on my face at night, as my face is really tight during the day.

Also I dont want to use an AHA moisturizer as im only a week into the regimen, and think it will irritate my skin even more.

How long does tightness take to go away?

If you want a gentle scrub-type exfoliation, i recommend baking soda. It's gentler than most any storebought scrub, because the "grains" are very small and smooth (unlike most scrubs which have ground up plastic, or apricot pits, walnut shells, etc and are jagged pieces that can scratch the skin). Just mix a small amount of baking soda with your cleanser, or just use the baking soda on your wet, clean skin. Rub VERY gently, and rinse very well and pat dry.

I recommend cornmeal-I personally think it works better than the baking soda and is less harsh on the skin. I got it from a book that said it was an exfoliator for people with acne. I just mix it in with my cleanser in my hand.