Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkigirl

scar treatments...does anything really work?

i have had 14 microdermabrasions,4 acid peels followed by a co2 laser resurfacing,2 full face thermages...ANOTHER BIG WASTE OF MONEY,sculptra,scar subscion followed by precise...18ccs and round 2 in january.sculptra works pretty good but its temp.precise is permenent.it tends to lump up around the eyes.it works great in the lips.i have a lump under my eye that they have to remove when i go back to clinic estetica in january.precise is ok but nothing great for scars.i will see after round 2 how my scars look.i dont think in my lifetime they will come up with a sure fire treatment for scars.i have spent over 20k on this bullcrap so far!maybe stem cells...probably not but who knows?

I'm guessing your scarring is not mild, considering the time and money you've put into treatments. Have you considered being more gentle and just using something like Silkia Camellia oil and maybe a retinoid such as retin a?

I'd recommend doing a search for Camellia oil.

based on so far of what ive researched about scar treatments on this board, its like a lottery, some treatments work for some people, and make scars worse for others.

based on so far of what ive researched about scar treatments on this board, its like a lottery, some treatments work for some people, and make scars worse for others.

I think it probably depends on the skill of the surgeon and the depth of ur scarring! Alot of people slate c02 laser but I got it done by experts on the NHS and it looks dramatically improved. I am still currently healing so will let u know once the redness has died down. I feel for u though if u have tried numerous treatments cos it is a lot to go through and very expensive! My plastic surgeon said that depending on the depth of the scars it may have to be repeated a few times.