Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshua

SA Help me pleaaasseee!!! is this alright?

im using a 2% SA Wash and im wondering is it normal to get an initial breakout? it seems like my redness is fading but im getting some new zits in areas i didnt have acne, and other areas are clearing up a bit. i can deal with this, but i use it 2x daily and it leaves my skin oil free for a few hours, oil is a BIG problem, if i could eliminate the oil i think id be clear. is it ok if i wash with the SA 3x daily instead of two? it says on the C&C Acne wash label to do it 2-3 times daily, but i dunno... or any other things i can buy at a store, not online, for the oil. besides sheets cuz that doesnt get rid of oilness it just gets rid of that layer you can see, you know? thx !!!!

Well, the catch is, the more you wash the more oil you're gonna produce so washing more is only gonna make it worse.

Maybe look into the Vitamin B treatment for the oil problem. I can't comment on it as I've never done it.

An initial breakout is very common. It's bringing all the gunk out...at once rather than slowly one here and there. Sad but true.

If it's just the initial breakout - not a rash or swelling or anything that indicates an allergy - I would keep it up. It's really helped my skin in the long run... It hasn't done much for my oiliness and I'm not sure it's supposed to...I think it's just an exfoliant. :-k

This is funny.. I am asking the same thing on another post.. only I dont have oily skin...

Yes I just recieved an initital breakout with the SA wash I am using. And I would recommend you only do it twice. Everyone and every doctor says to only wash twice. If you wash 3 times.. than your skin will get more dry and more oil may be produced.. If you want to control your oil.. i would recommend some 100% aloe vera gel after washing your face.. its great for moisturization at night..