Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about this problem? I no longer break out on my face at all but I have a consistent problem with pimples on my scalp. They're painful, too! How would I treat these? (Obviously, not by spot-treating with benzoyl peroxide since it bleaches hair.) I was using an all-natural shampoo called Folligen and I thought that was causing the breakouts so I stopped using it. However since I went back to my use of Nioxin shampoo, I've noticed that I'm still getting numerous pimples on my scalp. What is this a sign of... the body trying to detox? Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Johnnery,

I got these sometimes too. What I do is pluck the hair in the center of the pimple and then put rubbing alcohol on it. Acne tends to originate in oil glands in the hair follicles. It has worked for me so you may want to try it.

Good Luck!

Anna

Another suggestion coming up! biggrin.gif

Once a week, I rinse my hair in diluted apple cider vinegar (1 part vinegar and 2 parts water) - it helps keep it shiny - and after 20 minutes the smell disapears - so don't rinse it off.

Vinegar is a good exfoliator too, so maybe that could help unblock pores/spots on your scalp. Worth a try?

Hi smile.gif

It sounds like you have sebborrhic dermatitis. It's basically caused by too much sebum, and an abnormality in excretion, i.e., a malfunction of keratinization(or something like that).

I suggest you go to a dr. and get a special shampoo, or use a shampoo or topical that has sulfur in it. An anti-dandruff shampoo with zinc can help too.

Do you have oily hair?

HTH

~Emma

It sounds like you have sebborrhic dermatitis. It's basically caused by too much sebum, and an abnormality in excretion, i.e., a malfunction of keratinization(or something like that).