Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pobb

proactiv skin ligheting lotion

anyone know where to get it because i cant find it in the site. also, i have brown spots on my face and i dunno how to get rid of them, does anyone know any natural ways to get rid of them?

anyone know where to get it because i cant find it in the site. also, i have brown spots on my face and i dunno how to get rid of them, does anyone know any natural ways to get rid of them?

i've used this before.. don't get it. it really messed up my skin. it made it all blotchy and i had patches all over my face. it made me have a weird skin texture too.

i think it would be better to get a presciption for your derm (hydroquine.. something like that.. cream). that would work so much better and will probably cost less. the proactiv product is not worth it.

i've used this before.. don't get it. it really messed up my skin. it made it all blotchy and i had patches all over my face. it made me have a weird skin texture too.

that sucks! did it say what the ingredients were that were in it? probably really scary anyway.... eek.

did the stuff from the doctor repair what the proactiv did?

i used itfor a while, it didn't do much, but i think i probably didn't give it enough time. anyway, you can get it at the mall at the proactiv stand.

Like the others, personally, I would stay away from Proactiv. Check out what it did to my face at www.propassiv.com .

EXCERPT FROM MY SITE:

See my before and after pictures at http://www.propassiv.com

I started using Proactiv, a product of Guthy-Renker, in June 2005 to treat my mild acne. Over the next several months of using Proactiv, I suffered severe outbreaks of skin lesions that I had never experienced before using the product. When inquiring about these severe outbreaks, Guthy-Renker’s unlicensed medical support representatives advised me to continue using Proactiv and even sold me additional products that only worsened the situation.

With no improvements to my condition, in late November 2005, I stopped using Proactiv Solution. Despite the advice given to me by Proactiv representatives to continue treatment with Proactiv, I sought the professional care of a dermatologist to treat the severe outbreak of skin lesions. After consulting with the dermatologist, I was prescribed an expensive medication, which helped improve my condition. However, I have been left with permanent pit-scarring and skin discoloration on my face as a result of the irritation caused by my prior use of Proactiv Solution. I will need to have an expensive laser surgery procedure to reduce this skin discoloration with no guarantee that the damage can be reversed.

After watching numerous infomercials where celebrities would endorse a product, I never once questioned if these products were actually used by them. Yet, after I watched the infomercials for Proactiv Solution, it seemed like the celebrities not only used the product, they praised its ability to clear the skin of blemishes. When I was experiencing mild acne, I had high hopes for Proactiv, and the claims that the celebrities, and the company made. As you have read, the results were not favorable; not only was Proactiv uneffective, but it also caused permanent scarring, short term anguish and depression. This could have been avoided by knowledgeable representatives advising me to stop using the product and consult with a professional dermatologist. I urge anyone considering the use of this product to carefully re-evaluate their decision, and perhaps prevent a lifetime of pain and embarrassment as the result of using “The Answer for Acne.â€

See my before and after pictures at http://www.propassiv.com

how many times are you going to spam the boards with your website?

I ordered it over the phone I used it for only 2 wks. and all my brown marks were gone.

did you use it all over your face or just on your marks?

All over my face 2x's a day, I don't like the proactiv 3 step system and really believe the benzoyl perox. in it gave me scarring. N-e way I don't get when people say the lightening lotion doesn't work maybe I'm just diff. but it did the job for me. BTW pobb don't go tanning while ur using it and use a sunscreen.

hey, can u get back to the f**cking subject, anyone know any NATURAL ways to get rid of my brown spots

hey, can u get back to the f**cking subject, anyone know any NATURAL ways to get rid of my brown spots

how bout you calm down, they just tried to help. yea there is a natural way, its called waiting. :dan:

The reason why it is giving some of you guys scarring is because you're probably using it with BP in your regimine. The active ingredient inside the lightening lotion, which is hdroquinone, SHOULD NOT be used with any peroxide (aka benzoyl peroxide).

Maybe Kojic acid? It is like mushroom essence or something. I want to try it. Proactiv lightening solution left black speckling all over my face - it looked like a million blackheads and totally freaked me out. I read that this is a common condition for darker skin types, but I'm caucasian. I stopped using it and they went away.

I've used it. I noticed a change in the color of my scars within the first couple days. I ran out so i ordered myself a 4% Hydroquinone cream called Lustra. I didn't have any discoloration with the proactiv cream, that just depends on your skin and like all things everyone has different reactions. I do believe though that you can find a 2% somewhere else that is cheaper than the proactiv version.