Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethany

Blackhead removal

Do blackheads need to be squeezed out before they will go away?...What type of cleansing routine should i be doing to get rid of them and what product is the best? :-k

I don't know about the BEST... but I like SA. (Currently using Paula's Choice 2% liquid version...)

It seems to loosen the blackheads up after a few weeks. Then they migrate to the surface and it looks as if you have all these little "plugs" in your pores. But they are easily removed at that point with mild exfoliation. (I use a small of amount of baking soda in my cleanser.)

It's not as fast as squeezing...but it's gentler IF you can tolerate the SA.

I'm a little ignorant about blackheads-- maybe I don't have any? I thought they were those tiny little black dots in your pores that you can barely see until you look close up. Am I wrong? Why do they even matter, if they're so tiny?

Some people are blessed with those tiny little baby blackheads O:) ....some of us have been cursed with larger "big daddy" blackheads that if irritated (say by overzealous squeezing [-X ) turn into giant, infected pimples!

Oh, the reason people would even think of squeezing the big ones is that you can see them without having to look too close...