Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
L___

Acne Cure - Redness around Nose?

I've been doing the acne cure, and I like it, even though I still get pimples.

But does anyone else experience redness next to the nose (under the eyes)?

I don't even apply BP there because I know in the past it caused problems. But maybe I shouldn't put glycolic there either?

Strangely enough I have just been noticing red marks on my skin which don´t make sence (not related to acne). I think one reason might be that in these spots near the eyes and the nose we don´t fully wash off the products we put on our skin in those areas (it´s easy to miss them a bit). With 3 products in the AC could they be building up and irritating the skin?

Yep...I think the rinsing is very important. I noticed I have a red, dry patch on either side of my nose where my glasses rest. I know I didn't rinse my face real well when I was on vacation. (Limited water supply in the RV...bringing my own "face water" next trip!) So, that's all I can think of. I must have had some GA or something on my face and then sealed it in, so to speak, with my glasses. sad.gif

The creases of my nose tend to get very dry and red.

When they do I just avoid putting the glycolic there for a day or 2.

Actually I've noticed that my entire face is red a bit on the acne cure, just that near the nose is the worst. I guess I will try skipping glycolic until that goes away.

I'm quite sure that I've rinsed thoroughly btw, I don't think that is it.

I know that near the nose and under the eyes is extra sensitive, that's why the directions for Retin-A or Differin tell you not to apply it there. Glycolic is probably as harsh or more as those things.

Actually it's the harshest thing I've ever used. I wash it off after less than a minute and still there is redness. The first time I used it I left it on for like 7 minutes and my face was peeling for days afterwards.

Also, my glycolic has tea tree oil in it, is it possible that this is having an extra reddenning effect? Even though I wash it off in a minute.

I think some people are just super sensitive to glycolic. I guess I'm not...it rarely stings or turns my face red...unless I have used too much.

I read on one of the scar boards about mandelic acid. I did some research because the reviews were so awesome. Seems it's another AHA that is milder than SA & GA. You may consider reading up on it and giving it a try if the GA is still bothering you or feeling harsh. I'd love to try it but I must use up the GA I have...especially since it doesn't bother my skin.

Tea tree oil can be very drying on top of all that other stuff.

I'd just avoid the area with the glycolic for a few days. It should be fine.