Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

Accutane Action group?

Guest agentx

well i just came back from http://www.ragforum.com. All i can say is WAT THE F**k???

After 3 hours of browsing around ... i couldnt find ONE person who would even give an unbiased view of accutane. Everyone there is like accutanes WORST enemy. IF i hadnt BEEN on accutane... i would have believed thier crap before :/

Its not like there arent good people there. There are people who say we have been treated with accutane ... but when they post it there ... some REGULAR loser of that forum comes up and says bullshit like " WAIT ANOTHER YEAR AND U`LL see "

They should ban that site for REAL. Or atleast accept that accutane has given "LIFE" to many people including me.

Just my 2 cents :/

[email protected]

hey, I agree with you.

I've been checking out that site a lot lately, I looked at it BEFORE I started Roaccutane and now when i'm on it too.

Everytime someone who's ON Accutane makes a post on there some regular comes on and replies 'Wait a year, your life will end', etc. Why do some of them regulars have an aversion to specifying their full symptoms anyway?

I think the problem with that site is most people who've had no problems are somewhere else enjoying their acne-free life.

You're right, I think i've been more depressed WITH acne than what any pill can do. Man, just hanging around that site all day like some of them users do is enough to get you depressed.

Guest agentx

YEa smile.gif agreeD! Man the thing that pisses me off the most is when people say this drug makes u depressed. Im like WHAT THE! cuz i was THIS close to ending my life before accutane. I never went out of my room even at night. Just read some of my posts on this forum from 4-5 months back and see what depressed Was. Accutane saved me PERIOD.

And that other forum ... ARGGHHH!!! man i sware ... they NEVER say what accutane does. Or even if they do ... does it make any sense to blame accutane for something that happens to you 10 years down the road? thats just BULL.

all that site does is diss accutane. Thats the SOLE purpose of that site. How many people have you seen on this forum who say that accutane REALLY messed them up? Like one or two?

And check this out . There was this person on that forum, he`s like i have veins showing all over my face a year after accutane. And i cant even stand straight and Quote "I look like a grasshopper".

Grasshopper? man wtf lol. He says his whole FIGURE disformed cuz of eating a pill. Now what can u say except pfft.

CheerS!

I'm sure there are some people on that board who have legitimate complaints -- but, really, a bunch of them are looking for something easy to blame their problems on -- Accutane fits pretty well. If they hadn't taken Accutane, they'd try to find something else...

-kristin

yeh.. as mentioned earlier on in the thread by agentx, some of them do seem to have real problems, but not all of them. I can see about 3 people who it has deeply messed up, but even then it's 10 years down the line when their depression (or whatever it is.. some of them don't even say what exactly their problem is) starts.

I just know I won't get depression from accutane. The only thing that's given me depression before is acne, not women problems (dammit, i've never had a proper girlfriend cause of this stupid acne), not work from school or college, nothing else has given me depression before.

Once again, I still think it's lame to try and place the cause of some mental problem on something you took 10 years ago for 4 months of your life. My dad is 43, he sometimes has a back problem. He took anti-biotics 'cause he had a chest infection when he was 17. Does that make anti-biotics the cause of his back-problem? Not really.

I really think it is too bad that people blame accutane for so many things. In some ways I think it can be dangerous because people may be completely ignoring other problems they are having, choosing instead to place blame on accutane. A lot of these people may have serious psychological or physical problems which they should be addressing. I also think that it's a shame because all the negative publicity accutane gets also scares away a lot of people who could really benefit from taking it.

Sure, accutane is a drug which needs to taken after careful consideration and under good supervision, but it really does not seem to be as dangerous as all these people make it out to be. It's kind of the same thing with silicone breast implants; a lot of people seem to blame their problems on those as well even though there is no medical proof to support their claims.

I have severe acne and im trying to get a appointment to see if i can take accutane. My face has been completeley been transformed over the pass month while on dan's regimen, and this topic made me cry... People i know have told me i looked sick because my face has changed so suddenely. cry.gif

Guest agentx

Hey man, how has ur face changed? :/ like redness and stuff? how bad is ur acne? Man if acne has told me ANYTHING ... its FAWK wat ppl say. So keep on living the good life man. Acne DOES go away. believe me. one way or another. Read my previous posts ... i was ABOUT to die lol ... i thought i`d never be clear. And after 5 months on accutane im A-ok. Keep clinging to hope man. I pray for ya!

CheerS!

It has gotten to the point where showering is not a time to look foward to, because when i gentely wash my cheeks, i end up oppening up a couple of pimple's sometimes and it hurts and stings. My left cheek is alot worse than anyplace on your face agent. Its not like its a pimple here and a pimple there, the big pimples are mostly together on cheeks. sad.gif

I think the ragforum is good in that it reminds you that Accutane is not to be taken lightly. However, I agree with all of you that blaming all your problems is stupid. =;

I’ll start off by saying that I’m all for Accutane... I've seen it work wonders for my sister and now that it's my turn at the ripe old age of 23 wink.gif I thoroughly believe it's going to do the trick, despite the nasty, but common and expected side-effects...

Having said that though, I just wanted to point out that despite some of the opinions on this board, Accutane-induced Depression is a very real thing. I’m not talking about feeling bummed because your face is red and puffy, or not being able to handle your everyday problems. I’m talking about feeling overwhelmingly sad & withdrawn for no reason, feeling completely disconnected from everyone you love, constantly being on the verge of tears, crying without provocation and not being able to stop... cry.gif

I started to realize I was becoming depressed about 6 weeks into my treatment, but it came on so gradually that took me about a week to realize that this *wasn’t* just every day stress, and another half a week to connect it to the Accutane and go to my doctor, and then a councilor.

(Had I reread the sheet if side-effects and 'cautions' that comes with the pills, I would have saved myself lots of tears and wasted days, because the side effects of depression are right there, under the "Talk to your Doctor Immediately" section)

I decided that I wanted to continue the Accutane, but asked if I could take anti-depressants to counter the effects of the depression while I finished the treatment. I think I still have at least a couple months to go, but the antidepressant I’m on is working great. I feel ‘normal’ again, and that’s such an incredible feeling after feeling so down, and so disconnected from myself.

Well, there’s my Accutane-Depression experience.

Just remember, if you’re on Accutane, please be aware that real depression is a real possibility… but don't worry, there is help!

Take care, fellow Accutanees, and hang in there! biggrin.gif/

Aylee

I've been on Accutane 3 different times (Each time lasting 6 months, @80mg per day). Aside from less oil, I don't have much any negative side effects from Accutane. After a year or less, it all just flushed out of my system.

Also, Depression has been listed as a side effect for A LONG TIME, and it wasn't really a big deal until some politician's son committed suicide. He was on accutane, and they blamed it on that. Problem is, he had a previous suicide attempt BEFORE accutane.

It has gotten to the point where showering is not a time to look foward to,  because when i gentely wash my cheeks, i end up oppening up a couple of pimple's sometimes and it hurts and stings. My left cheek is alot worse than anyplace on your face agent. Its not like its a pimple here and a pimple there, the big pimples are mostly together on cheeks. sad.gif

Guest agentx

dood ... why dont u go on acctuane if its that bad?

Guest agentx

well piso ... its not about why accutane is dangerous is it? its about the stupid action group and its baseless attacks against accutane!

I must say that this forum SCARED me OFF accutane. I mean, they even talk about brain damage out there? Its freaking me out

I agree with you agentx. I must say the only thing that has made me depressed in my life is acne. I too find it hard to understand when people blame accutane for their depression. The question is simple: what makes you more depressed, not being able to look at yourself straight in the mirror or a pill that messes with your body chemisty a little bit? For me the answer is simple.

Without accutane I can't say I would have ended my life or anything extreme like that, but I guarantee you I could not have made it through high school, much less college. I would have dropped out for sure. I just couldnt face people.

I think the most important thing is not to discourage people from taking accutane because of the possible side effects, but instead to educate them about the changes that accutane will cause to their bodies. If they know what to expect then it wont be such a big deal.

BTW Agentx, I'm glad to see that things are going so well for you. I can tell just be reading your messages that your life has changed for the better. Continued success to you.

Andrew

My belief is that if you have doubts about taking accutane then you aren't ready to take it. The decision is easy for those of us who have suffered with horrible acne. If you're having second thoughts about taking accutane then you probably need to suffer a little longer.

Yep, the biggest load of trash I saw on that website was when someone claimed accutnane ALTERED your DNA. That is just the BIGGEST load of crap i've ever heard. Do they think we're stupid or something?!!

Guest agentx

Thanks Andrew B , i hope things go well for me like that have been going.

And yea ... altered thier DNA LOL ... just like that guy said ... it made his body shape different and now he looks like a kangaroo ... WTf ;/

You'll also notice with a lot of these people's accounts that.... they are just ASSUMING the problems they are having are from using Accutane.

And the problems they are saying are not even correct side effects.

If this drug was so bad as they are saying it is, it would NOT be on the market, that's for sure.

Guest agentx

yea exactly, see ... what i dont get is ... dont these people think FDA have brains? the people there sitting there only do this. So they know wat they are doin lol. They wont just let a drug out that changes the SHAPE of a body or makes the liver go bad just like that lol