Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tayrayuf

How Long For S.A to work?

For anyone that has been cleared due to S.A .. how long did it take you to? I am on day 3 and have noticed it dries my pimples up without them forming whiteheads.. but I also have found 3 more forming... its all happening around my chin and corner of mouth... So how long did it work for any of you?

I may take several weeks for that stuff to work toally. Before my skin got really bad I used the Neutrogena clear pore and liked it but it took at least 3 weeks to get rid of a blackhead and you will breadout with it in the beginging. If your skin isn't too bad then I say stick with it.

I dont have oily skin at all.. its weird how I breakout.. the BP never worked for me lastyear... So Im guessing this might.. Anyway.. Anyone else have good luck with S. Acid?

P.S - im currently using Phisoderm Acne Face Wash

I use SA once every other day... it helps to get rid of dead skin and open up pores I believe. If I don't use it, I notice I have a layer of oily dead skin once in a while (nasty). I don't know if it is supposed to clear up complextions or breakouts etc.

Guest fatman_uk

It will clear anythin that's there, but it wont prevent future breakouts as much as BP... but it seems better for gettin rid of what's already there, IMO.

-Gaz

Alot of people have recommended I use it as a cleanser.. I was clear all summer just by Dove Soap and Moisturizer.. but it seems I am breaking out during college.

Anyway. I am using Phisoderm and it works great at drying up my pimples and it also is clearing up recent scars. I just need to know if anyone has had an Initital Breakout with this stuff.. because it seems I just had one.. but I need some consensus on everyone elses experiences. :-k

I'll answer - yes, I had a defenite initial breakout period when I began washing with SA. No matter what form you're using it in, an initial breakout will occur. I'm guessing this is probably due to the layers of skin being exfoliated, opening, and becoming slightly more sensitive at first. It'll go away though.

It wasn't severe at all. About 3-5 breakouts that lasted little less than a week, as long as you don'toverwash, preferably use a gentle soap beforehand (I use Dove), don't scrub too roughly, and do not use too much.

If you're using a topical cream, use as much as instructed, or if it's a lotion, don't use too much or too little.

This is just based on my experiences, but I'd say it's pretty accurate tongue.gif

awesome.. I think im done with the breakout allready... I have been using Dove for a while.. glad it worked for ya too.