Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

New zit on top of a scar??!!!

Guys is this possible? i have a sunken scar and now i got a pretty big zit right on top of it, i thought if you have a scar on that area, that part of your skin is dead so how can new zit form?

It'll intresting to see what happen when the zit dies... maybe i will loose the scar and just left with a mark? [-o<

Tai: Yes, it's definitely possible. Not sure how they form, but they definitely can.

I'd suggest treating it with BP or a product with Salicylic Acid, otherwise leave it alone, don't mess with it.

Hope it turns out ok for you.

I had one scar and it had a recurring cyst in it - every few months, the cyst would become alive again - and eventually, I had a cluster of 5 pitted indents in the same area .. and the cyst was still friggin alive (this went on for over a year dammit) - eventually I had a cortisone shot and it died forever.

Ouch maya that sounds really scarey sad.gif so that scar is really huge i guess... that really sucks

I would say that it is a good sign. It shows that your pore is starting to work normally again (even though it's a pimple #-o ).

It is even better of a sign if a hair starts to grow -- which means that the follicle is up and running again.

Tai - sorry, I didn't meant to scare you. I was just telling you what happened to me. In fact, the scar is now not huge because I have had them subcised and excised.

I have had experiences of slightly raised red marks that have been around for years. When a cyst forms there and then goes away it begins to heal. Sometimes it has to happen a few times before it starts to really heal up and flatten. It's as if there is bacteria that is trapped underneath the marked tissue.

I would suggest if a cyst forms where you have a pitted scar it may help to improve this scar as a rush of collagen will occur in the area to help heal the cyst. Make sure you use something like manuka oil / emu oil combo to ensure the new cyst doesn't leave a scar.