Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Crooked I

How do people view Britain/British people?

Yes I do, but only on the north-eastern side. But the newfies haven't mastered boat travel yet, still working on the wheel. wink.gif

(I have to pick on Canada.)

Ireland is in no way at all affiliated with Great Britain. Ireland is Ireland.

I dont hate English people. My brother is married to an English girl.

There are tons of nice English people. But there are also so many English girls who are slags. FHM had a survey on who was the slutties out of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales and English women were first...but i guess thats a plus point for many people...just not for me. Anyway it was only FHM so who cares? I dont like Welsh people too much because when i was in Wales i saw tons of Welsh scumbags and no decent people. So that is why i have a negative outlook on that country. First impressions are priceless.

Guest fatman_uk

True, but like you say, if you'd been somewhere else in Wales, you'd prolly think they were sound as hell.

It's like when they did that survey on slaggy girls... if you took out a hanful of tiny shit areas around England, you'd have less trashy people, lol. Sure, same goes for every other country, but i bet if we only got rid of Essex girls we'd place higher, LOL! biggrin.gif

No offence to Essex girls... i personally think they're fun... =P~

-Gaz

I want to move to Canada- except it's damn cold there.

(oops this is Obi- I forgot to sign in)

Yeah I want a change too. New Zealand has heaps to offer...but what is has to offer aint necessarily what I value. I enjoyed living in London...but didn't have nearly enuff cash or the right visas to take full advantage. My best mate really wants me to shift to canada...to the point where she sends me visa info and wot not...but I am not sure that I am a good match for Canada either. I am a bit of a asiaphile... I like the idea of living somewhere like Beijing or Bangkok. :-k

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I don't know about Beijing. But Bangkok is pretty densely populated and traffic is quite congested. Depending what you like. If you like food, you'll like Bangkok though.

If you don't mind the prices and the tight regulation, Singapore is a great place to live. Malaysia is not too bad I think. Both countries offer the combination of preserved culture of Asia and the 'modernization' of the west.

So Obi...what is your mysterious asian county of origin? I have heard you refer to it in such terms many times but never actually name it??? Am curious.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm from South East Asia- specifically you may refer to my answer in your PM smile.gif

i have never been to england and have never really talked to an english person, so all i am going on is media. so that being said, i would have to say english people seem proper with their accents and their humor is strange and quite diffenent from american humor, which is not always a negative thing. also, nearly all my favorite actors and musicians/groups come from england so they have to be doing something right! biggrin.gif/

same goes with scots; never been to scotland and never met a scottish person. all i have to go on is groundskeeper willy(a compilation of every scottish stereotype there is :lol: ) they have accents that i cannot understand and anyone who would eat haggis has a special place in my heart.

is wales part of the UK? sorry about my ignorance 8-[ the only welsh people i can think of are catherine zeta jones and tom jones...thoses are not good people to judge a country on so i won't :-#

sorry for the generalizations and stereotypes

Guest fatman_uk
i have never been to england and have never really talked to an english person, so all i am going on is media.  so that being said, i would have to say english people seem proper with their accents and their humor is strange and quite diffenent from american humor

I lived in the UK for a couple of months about 4 years ago. I lived in London for a little bit and then a smaller town about 30 min outside of London. Based on that experience - I love England... all the smaller towns I've been to. I really didn't like London. I mean, it's cool for a while, then once that wears off and you start to know some of the people.... I found a lot of them to be extrememly self righteous (sp?)- you know what I mean. I think part of that may have beent he people I was hanging out w/ though. I also briefly dated a guy from the UK. I find that I get along really well w/ people from england (two of my best friends are english as well). I tend to have that really sarcastic humor. Over all, I love england and the majority of people I know from there. biggrin.gif

a english accent sounds so sophisticated.

I don't know ...when I lived in Britain I found some accents rather exotic and on occasion completely unintelligible. But then everyone there thought I was Australian or South African. biggrin.gif

Hi Meritabread.

Yep..I am a New Zealander. Glad you like the accent...I on the other hand am always thankful that I can't discern my own! :lol:

Australian but less enthusastic is actually a pretty good description. Both countries have quite harsh accents...australians are more nasal, New Zealanders sound softer and are more monotone. We like to pretend the difference between the dialects is huge (similar to rivalry and banter between canada and us) - that is bollocks. The difference is only readily apparent to people who live in either country.

Shut up ya goddamn Kiwi! biggrin.gif

(here's an Australian joke for you merita:

Q: Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?

A: Because they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

lol!

LOL

Why does a belgium terrorist have a burn on his mouth?

the exhaust pipe was still hot when he try to blow up the car.

Guest Crooked I

A plane was shot down over Iraq and Saddam Hussain captured a Scotsman,an Englishman and an Australian. Saddam says "I'm not as cruel as George Bush says I am You will be given 50 lashes each but you can have whatever you want on your back"

The Australian goes first and asks for the finest Kangaroo hide there is to cover his back. This is granted and he receives the kangaroo hide before he receives 50 lashes. His back is all torn and bleeding but he survives.

The Englishman says "I will take it as it comes I will have nothing on my back and will be proud to bear the scars" he shouts defiantly"Stiff upper lip you know eh what" His wish is granted and he receives his 50 lashes, his back torn and bleeding, his ribs fractured and protruding, a terrible mess to behold.

"Now Jock It's your turn you have the same choice as the other two what would you like on your back" says Saddam.

Jock replies quickly and without hesitation "I'll have the Englishman"