Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Crooked I

How do people view Britain/British people?

Guest Crooked I

Im just interested in how we're viewed across the world. I know we're basically hated in Europe but how does everyone see us?

i dont hate any countries inhabitants. no matter what england does, you have to realise that there are 60 million people in that country and never shall all of their will's be represented when britain takes part in a questionable military action for example. You cant judge countries inhabitants on what the country does.

And i would not hate british people at all. I've got an Irish friend who lives here, and besides his hate for english people wink.gif there is nothing wrong with him.

I have been in London once and i must say it was COOL. Everyone is so well mannered compared to dutch people, they wait for queus, they always ask 'beg you pardon' when they want to pass you instead of 'get the **** out of my way' that is most common in netherlands.

The pubs were ok too smile.gif, and so were the macdonals' which my classmater and i took over smile.gif

Guest Crooked I

You're confusing "british" and "english". Dont wanna sound like a total geek but that annoys me.

i am not confusing them, i just dont care much about the differences. I know from my irish friend that people who are from great brittain care a great deal about whether they are irish, scottish or english, sorry that i was not correct with the use of the coutry names.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I thought people hate the French in general more?

People do make fun of British as being too proper but aggresive when it comes to soccer.

no?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Margareth Tatcher is hot.

Oops. Wrong thread.

I can't recall ever hearing anti-British sentiment in America unlike the usual anti-Canada remarks.

Makes sense as America was founded mostly by British people and every president I can think of besides Kennedy has been a WASP.

Are you serious? Americans don't like Canada? How come?

(and are you Canadian, BTW? - because I find Canadians to be a tad sensitive to this sort of thing, especially the Canadian media.)

Canada is seen as like the retarded little brother.

I love brittish women, the accents are just so damned sexy.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Guest Crooked I
I like all British people except Tony Blair, Benny Hill and Crooked. biggrin.gif

Aussies like the Brits...particularly the Scots. We also like the Irish (not that I am saying they are British). We have a friendly rivalry with the English...we like them but we reckon they are a bit peculiar...they drink too much tea and can be annoyingly negative (whingeing Poms).

Overwhelmingly Aussies like Brits but would not want to live there, they love to visit but see Britain as bleak and rainy, that's more a criticism of the climate than the people though.

When the English come out here for the cricket or whatever, we love them. They're lots of fun.

Guest Crooked I

So, apart from Australia, who would you like to win the rugby world cup?

Just interested in your next preference. Were you cheering on Wales yesterday by any chance?? biggrin.gif

I won't say it as harsh as Julian did. But yeah, many Americans sometimes look down on Canadians.

There isn't, we(my family) moved here 8 years ago from Las Vegas Nevada, then before that Chile. So again, pfftt! wink.gif