Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KJbrooke31

Reduce wrinkles and swelling

I used BP 2 nights ago, and my face is still wrinkled and swollen. How do I get rid of the wrinkles and bring down the swelling? I look HORRIBLE!!

I used BP 2 nights ago, and my face is still wrinkled and swollen. How do I get rid of the wrinkles and bring down the swelling? I look HORRIBLE!!

You are allergic to benzoyl peroxide. STOP USING IT RIGHT AWAY! 2% of the population is allergic to BP. Consult a doctor on how to help the swelling and DONT USE ANY MORE BP ON YOUR FACE!

Assuming that the reaction is localised to swelling on the face get some 2%hydrocortisone cream. etc. Have a detailed chat with the chemist so the know why you are taking it and where you are applying it. That should turn round the swelling fast.

If there is any indication that the allergy is worsening go to a doctor.

How long is it going to take for the swelling and lines to go away? Is there anything I can do for it?

If you are allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, there is nothing you can do except using 1 or 2 % hydrocortisone until the symptoms subside. Don't use Benzoyl Peroxide if you are truely allergic to it. It doesn't matter if you change brand or wait and try it again....just don't use them.

Hello everyone, I'd would like to share my experience here, today when I came back to the doctor.

First of all, I am brazilian maybe I cannot express myself correctly.

About my treatment: I've used PanOxyl 10% during the past 3 years, I am to turn 23 years old now. During the last three or four months my skin became less oily. I didn't pay attention to it, I've just used less BP, and sometimes a cream with vitamin C against aging. But suddenly from noon to evening I've seen a red line on my forehead, which turned a wrinkle after I got a shower. It was on 16th August, and until this moments it's not gone. My acne fortunately is gone, inclusing my oiliness, like a miracle. I went to two doctor, both told me my wrinkle it couldn't be due to BP. Ths first one told me to me to wash myself with coul water for a week and then come back. But I've decided to come back to another doctor, today. This one observed my skin, told it was irritated because I've started to use tretinoin by my own, because I know it is used for aging signs. But the first doctor had told me my wrinkle was read. Very strange not? But any doctors weren't worried about its causes. The second doctor today gave me two "formulas" that I have to get made on a drugstore. One of the components, Argireline, has a lighter effect of a Botox! It may make muscle relaxes a little. The other components are gluconolactona, lactobionic acid, Vit.C-IP, and blend of silicon. I may use tretinoin 0,025% just twice a week because my skin is pale and sensitive and acid is a long term treatment.

But she told me that I should have used sunscreen each four hours everyday, and not just once a day, for the past years. And she didn't recomend peelings because they cause veins to appear over the skin, nor laser because it's expensive and maybe doesn't make much difference (I don't understand why not).

She was not very nice and patient to give me much explanations, just told somethings that could have happenned:

- Oiliness can irritate deep part of the skin and cause a wrinkle, even if the skin is apparently dry outsides due to BP usage.

- I should have came back to the doctor examine my skin every few months while I've used BP, because we can't imagine what may happen to the skin during a long term treatment. But my last doctor didn't told me those risks, she just told BP doesn't damage skin, but it did, if not the BP, maybe it could have been the alcool vehicle PanOxyl uses.

- She told me a wrinkle could have been forming already, and in fact my skin didn't have shine and was always sensible. So, that day I could have noticed the wrinkle, when it became noticeable. However it doesn't explain the read line.

- Tazaroten may cause cancer and is forbidden in Brazil.

She didn't want to give me more explanations, and told me to not get infos on internet because there is a Medicin university where I should have studied before doing affirmations. She is not polite, but can be intelligent...