Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mbkcd

Not a fan of Neutrogena...

I know that the name Neutrogena is just a brand that Dan recommends and that it's the benzoyl-peroxide that is the absolute necessity for the regimen, but I finally got around to trying it this week.. and I'm not impressed. =(

I was using Benzaclin (5% bp, 1% something else, but is prescription) prior to using the neutrogena and just figured I'd try it as all other advice given on this site has been so great. I finally got to experience first hand all the redness and drying that people complain about, and it hasn't been fun. I just got back from Walmart and passing through the couple of mirrors in that store made me cringe. My nose and cheeks are incredibly red and I was just happy to get out of there and back into the dark night.

My reason for writing this isn't to criticize or anything like that... like I said, this site has been a godsend and I'm thankful that there's a place available with all of this information. I just wanted to encourage some who had problems with the Neutrogena to shop around or visit a dermatologist (if your insurance will cover it) and see if other brands give you the same drying and redness. I feel like the benzaclin, despite being a higher %, is a far superior product and does not cause an onset of the flushed redness that I experienced with the Neutrogena.

<back to lurking>

I know that the name Neutrogena is just a brand that Dan recommends and that it's the benzoyl-peroxide that is the absolute necessity for the regimen, but I finally got around to trying it this week.. and I'm not impressed. =(

I was using Benzaclin (5% bp, 1% something else, but is prescription) prior to using the neutrogena and just figured I'd try it as all other advice given on this site has been so great.  I finally got to experience first hand all the redness and drying that people complain about, and it hasn't been fun.  I just got back from Walmart and passing through the couple of mirrors in that store made me cringe.  My nose and cheeks are incredibly red and I was just happy to get out of there and back into the dark night.

My reason for writing this isn't to criticize or anything like that... like I said, this site has been a godsend and I'm thankful that there's a place available with all of this information.  I just wanted to encourage some who had problems with the Neutrogena to shop around or visit a dermatologist (if your insurance will cover it) and see if other brands give you the same drying and redness.  I feel like the benzaclin, despite being a higher %, is a far superior product and does not cause an onset of the flushed redness that I experienced with the Neutrogena.

<back to lurking>