Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke0209

I was taken off Accutane dammit!

Sorry for the outburst, I'm quiet dissappointed that because of one party I'm done accutane... like you guys said hopefully this wont effect me going on it agian in the future :P

It never affected my tests. even when I got totally smashed 2 days prior to it. I'm sure it wasn't the alcohol that causes=d your enzymes to rise.

I was really concerned about drinking on accutane.

I spoke to my derm about it. He told me that the warning was really directed to teens/young adults that binge drink.

When I told him that before tane, I would share a bottle of wine a couple times a week w/my husband, he said that would be fine.

Since I hadn't been drinking at all while on tane, he told me if I wanted to, to go ahead and have a few glass of wine a few days before my test (but not the day prior) to see if my levels jumped. I did do that.

My levels barely changed from pre-tane.

I drink every day. 1-2 drinks max. I have gone over that limit once in the last 2 months. My derm said the same thing about the warning being directed at young adults who binge drink. Plus she said that if the liver test looks funny, I would first cut out the alcohol before she would take me off of accutane.

Sorry for the outburst, I'm quiet dissappointed that because of one party I'm done accutane... like you guys said hopefully this wont effect me going on it agian in the future :P

Hopefully you won't have to do another course. How close were you to finishing and did you get close to the cumulative dosage?

Hey guy, you need to acknowledge the fact that the drinking you described wouldn't possibly affect your liver functions 30 days later.

There must be something else affecting it - either some virus causing a hepatitis, the accutane, or something else you're taking. Don't blame it on the booze, that wasn't the reason.

Hey guy, you need to acknowledge the fact that the drinking you described wouldn't possibly affect your liver functions 30 days later.

There must be something else affecting it - either some virus causing a hepatitis, the accutane, or something else you're taking. Don't blame it on the booze, that wasn't the reason.

That's true.

Are they doing a follow up test since your liver was 4x worse than before?

I had about half a month left, I had currently been on about 80 mg's for the last couple months... my skins clear now just worried if my acne comes back I wont be able to turn to Accutane :(

I had about half a month left, I had currently been on about 80 mg's for the last couple months... my skins clear now just worried if my acne comes back I wont be able to turn to Accutane :(

Well, you could always just finish up the med you have. Also, was there any discussion in dropping down to 40 per day until the two weeks of 80 were completed (in other words 2 weeks of 80 = 4 weeks of 40).

But back to my point: I can almost guarantee the alcohol didn't cause the blood work issues. What was the number and what follow up is being planned?

If you ever go on accutane again, the decision will be based on your blood work at that time. IF it is not bad, there is no reason not to take it. Plus, if you're seeing a different doctor, he/she won't know about that history and will just follow your current blood work at that time. If it's OK, there's no problem. IF it's bad, that will influence their decision at that time.

Well my mom was talking to my derm over the phone, and basically he said I was done... I had to stop taking it immdiatly... and go get another blood test done to see if they were going down... personally I don't think its as bad as my parents are telling me. I'm underage when it comes to alcohol so I supose this is just one of their tactics to try and scare me :P

We'll you guys were way off when saying you can drink, stop giving ppl the wrong idea... all of you are full of shit when you say I drank a ton last night and my blood test are fine. Anybody that really wants clear skin don't listen to a thing these idiots say about alcohol when it comes to Accutane. I went to a party had a couple of drinks and now my dermetologist took me off it. He said that my liver enzymes are up 4x their normal thing or w/e... I was pretty much done my treatment only had a couple weeks left but still. I'm done with Accutane thx to all you fucking idiots that think you know something about accutane.

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT SO SHUT YOU'RE FUCKING MOUTHS YOU STUPID PRICKS

rofl, best post ever. thanks, i had a good laugh. you are so ignorant.

We'll you guys were way off when saying you can drink, stop giving ppl the wrong idea... all of you are full of shit when you say I drank a ton last night and my blood test are fine. Anybody that really wants clear skin don't listen to a thing these idiots say about alcohol when it comes to Accutane. I went to a party had a couple of drinks and now my dermetologist took me off it. He said that my liver enzymes are up 4x their normal thing or w/e... I was pretty much done my treatment only had a couple weeks left but still. I'm done with Accutane thx to all you fucking idiots that think you know something about accutane.

Woot!, I got the best post ever award!

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT WHO SHOULD GET THE FUCKING BEST POST AWARD SO SHUT YOU'RE FUCKING MOUTHS YOU STUPID PRICKS ;)

Woot!, I got the best post ever award!

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT WHO SHOULD GET THE FUCKING BEST POST AWARD SO SHUT YOU'RE FUCKING MOUTHS YOU STUPID PRICKS ;)

Now that you're off accutane, maybe you can get back on your psych med! :D

Well, I'm sure your derm told you that you shouldn't drink when on this medication, otherwise, your derm wasn't advising you correctly. You made that ultimate decision yourself, to drink.

If you don't want anyones advice on here, don't come here to seek it. Furthermore, don't dish out your advice either. No one wants to take advice from a person where every word out of his mouth is profane. :naughty:

Wow you sound like a real jerk so I'm glad you're being punished. :naughty::lol:

I do not understand why people try to defy the set rules of the program, and assume they are exempt when it comes to what side-effects they can and cannot get. :rolleyes:

I agree with Heather. You brought this one on yourself. Sometimes it's not wise to test the waters.

what happens if ur liver enzymes get waaay too high?

say u get ur blood results back and their normal .and the next day they spike. u won't have another test for nearly 30+ days to know this.. what happens to ur body, would u feel sick or have any pain in ur liver or what?

HAHAHAHAHA LUKE BLAME US HAHAHA. THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE, IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOUR GONNA BLAME US FOR IT!!!I'D LOVE TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU BEING TAKEN OFF TANE....

OHH AND WHEN YOUR ACNE COMES BACK IN 2 MONTHS, WHY DONT YOU COME BACK AND CRY SOME MORE AND BLAME US FOR THAT!!! THAT WOULD REALLY MAKE US FEEL GOOD!!!

HEY TO ALL THE ORG MEMBERS, WE RUINED AN ASSHOLE NAMED LUKES ACNE TREATMENT!! GOOD JOB FOR US!!!! 1 FOR THE TEAM! :dance: