Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke0209

I was taken off Accutane dammit!

We'll you guys were way off when saying you can drink, stop giving ppl the wrong idea... all of you are full of shit when you say I drank a ton last night and my blood test are fine. Anybody that really wants clear skin don't listen to a thing these idiots say about alcohol when it comes to Accutane. I went to a party had a couple of drinks and now my dermetologist took me off it. He said that my liver enzymes are up 4x their normal thing or w/e... I was pretty much done my treatment only had a couple weeks left but still. I'm done with Accutane thx to all you fucking idiots that think you know something about accutane.

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT SO SHUT YOU'RE FUCKING MOUTHS YOU STUPID PRICKS

I don't why your blaming the people who gave you that advice, you were the one who made the decision to drink when you knew that you shouldn't. They didn't physically force your hand.

In the words of a famous man known as Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Are you retarded? Of course your blood work will be messed up IF YOU DRINK THE DAY BEFORE. Your liver needs time to detox. Don't blame this board for your retardism.

bud your dumb.. i have drank every weekend since i started and i got my results today and my liver enzymes REDUCED.. first off, u dont drink the day before. thats common sense. second it varies from person to person.. so its your fault partly so take the blame

I do want to add, that your Derm, who is a doctor TOLD YOU NOT TO DRINK. I'm sure that 99% of the board does not have a doctorate, while your derm does....Sure, listen to us and NOT your derm.

lol i dont drink...and even i know that ur not supposed to drink whilst on tane...i think u can only drink a moderate amount...not pass out

We'll you guys were way off when saying you can drink, stop giving ppl the wrong idea... all of you are full of shit when you say I drank a ton last night and my blood test are fine. Anybody that really wants clear skin don't listen to a thing these idiots say about alcohol when it comes to Accutane. I went to a party had a couple of drinks and now my dermetologist took me off it. He said that my liver enzymes are up 4x their normal thing or w/e... I was pretty much done my treatment only had a couple weeks left but still. I'm done with Accutane thx to all you fucking idiots that think you know something about accutane.

Well, EEEEEEEXXXXXXXXCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE US!

None of us are doctors on here, even tho some ppl. give out advice like they are one and just are moderators on a zit forum, so dont blame anyone here thats why EVERYONE should consult their physician when they have questions. So yea ppl shell out medical advice but I pay it no attention. I find the purpose of this board is to see how other ppl respond to acne treatments but not listen to their medical advice cuz my doc. is who I will refer to for questions.

Didn't you read the instructions when you bought the medicine? Why didn't you ask your derm about the drinking instead of believing what people here say right off the bat, it only takes a minute to call? What about using common sense too, drinking the night before the blood-test is stupid. You gotta learn to look after yourself instead of relying on others....

dumb

fuck

:lol:

It was a full month after that night I drank when I did my blood work so where did you guys get the idea I drank the night before...

It was a full month after that night I drank when I did my blood work so where did you guys get the idea I drank the night before...

drinking a month before probably wouldn't have any effect on your liver function. it probably was the accutane, that is one of the side effects, whether or not you drink.

my derm told me drinking a week before the blood test is fine...so you either drunk a cr*pload and don't remember (which should be fine either way, if it was a month before the test), or as jordan said it could be a side effect of the tane

Are you retarded? Of course your blood work will be messed up IF YOU DRINK THE DAY BEFORE. Your liver needs time to detox. Don't blame this board for your retardism.

werd :lol:

I drank all the time on accutane, although I'd hardly condone it :cool:

Then where did you get the idea that your elevated liver enzymes were due to drinking 30 days ago?

Well it's your fault for not knowing better, just because some people can get away with it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, it says on the package of Accutane NOT to drink while on Accutane..so why would you?! I know I'm going to listen to what the directions say before I listen to people online. Besides that, I hope you can go back on Accutane in the future and you learn your lesson.

As others have said, it wasn't the drinking that elevated your liver enzymes THIRTY DAYS prior to your blood test. Something else was causing it, like the Accutane for example. this is why the doctor does blood tests anyways, to check to see if the Accutane is causing problems. If there wasn't a chance of the elevated enzymes, they wouldn't be doing the frequent blood tests man!

I highly doubt one time getting drunk caused elevated liver enzymes. You were probably drinking way more than you should throughout your treatment. But that's just my guess.

People, please be smart with alcohol. If you have to, give it up for 6 months. It won't kill you to do that. And if you drink, do it in moderation. No more than 1 or 2 drinks.

I'm glad your derm took you off of it. If you have to go on it again, maybe you'll be able to finish the course if you don't drink so much.

Sorry if I sound like a mom. Bad habit of mine.

Platinum.

You drank 30 days ago and haven't touched a drop since?

Then it wasn't the alcohol that hurt your liver. It was accutane or too much Tylenol.

My derm actually said to reduce my alcohol intake, not stop it completely. I think if you drink a lot normally though you should re-consider. I only drink a few drinks like on a Saturday night.

I was really concerned about drinking on accutane.

I spoke to my derm about it. He told me that the warning was really directed to teens/young adults that binge drink.

When I told him that before tane, I would share a bottle of wine a couple times a week w/my husband, he said that would be fine.

Since I hadn't been drinking at all while on tane, he told me if I wanted to, to go ahead and have a few glass of wine a few days before my test (but not the day prior) to see if my levels jumped. I did do that.

My levels barely changed from pre-tane.