Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
terminator2

uk smoothbeam users

Hi, Has anyone had smoothbeam done in the uk yet. As documented on this site, i know that it is out in london now. I am considering having it done in the new year, but just wanted to know your experience? Whats the price like?

I did make some enquiries at the Lister Hospital a few months back - consultation price with the doc is £150 ... and they would not even give me a hint of what the smoothbeam price is like over the phone.

i paid the 150 and went to the lister hospital for a consultation and the doctor said the smoothbeam doesn`t work for acne scars. They use it to treat wrinkles i believe not scarring.

Useless lying b`stards ! Actually not lying why would they lie ? Just uninformed and useless, I was considering Smoothbeam as a main form of attack on Scars. To be honest though this needs to spread round the UK more than just one place, they should`nt have a monoploy on this.

However now I am looking more at fillers like Aquamid and Bio-Alcamid both available in the UK

Sickskin- You actually believe this guys opinion ? Have you read the Smoothbeam threads on this board and the success the American guys and gals have had with it ? God that f*cker you had a consultation with wants his head rammed through a wall. ](*,)

Did you pay £150 to see him, go back and demand Smoothbeam :-$

what made me believe him was the fact that i was sitting next to the smoothbeam machine when he said it. If he truely believed in it i`m sure he would have offered the treatment. I want to believe it works but i haven`t seen any concrete evidence that it does. I know many people have said they have had great results but until i see some for myself i wont be convinced.

We need a section on this site that offers definitive proof of each treatment, and how well it works, with before and after photos, same lighting, same angles, same everything. There is a distinct lack of information. Ive seen some people post pictures about great improvements with before and after photos where i could not tell the difference. I dont want to sound unduely negative but it seems every few months there is another silver bullet treatment for acne scars that turns out to be nothng more than a gimmick.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am planning on meeting one of the doctors at the lister for acne scar treatment with SB in march. Which doctor did u see??????

SB has been approved by the FDA for use on acne scars and their are papers out to show benefit. ie non-ablative lasers on acne scars. This is unbelievable, SB does have some benefical effect on acne scars, but the doctor refused to give it, even though it is widely used in the USA and had some success there. He must offer treatment, if you want it.. surely???

What was the doctors name that you visited?? Their are 3 doctors their that do it, perhaps ask over the phone if they do it for acne scars?? i will have to do that now as well!!!!!!!!!

surely sb has some success. So many users on this site have said they have had improvement with their scars. Why is the uk so slow to catch-on. I'm not saying it will make a 100% improvement, but i am sure some acne scars will improve.

Fromchicago, marytheres and others have noticed some improvement with 3-4 treatments.

any smoothbeamers like to comment on their results?.............

Hi Terminator 2:

I have a consultation for Smoothbeam with Dr Markey at the Lister Hospital in March. When I asked about price the nurse she couldnt say becaue usually Dr Markey uses more than one laser. Who are you seeing?

On another thought, has anyone had redness from blood vessels not healing properly? If so, how have you treated it? I was told an ablative laser would help. Any thoughts.

I have a consultation for Smoothbeam with Dr Markey at the Lister Hospital in March. When I asked about price the nurse she couldnt say becaue usually Dr Markey uses more than one laser. 

heidi55, it's with dr markey as well. My scars on the cheeks, some are slightly indented, and are light red, that become more red when hot/sweaty. I was hoping a combination of sb and a vascular laser could help.

i am not willing to have an ablative laser on my asian skin, due to pigment issues and the down-time.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am planning on meeting one of the doctors at the lister for acne scar treatment with SB in march. Which doctor did u see??????

SB has been approved by the FDA for use on acne scars and their are papers out to show benefit. ie non-ablative lasers on acne scars. This is unbelievable, SB does have some benefical effect on acne scars, but the doctor refused to give it, even though it is widely used in the USA and had some success there. He must offer treatment, if you want it.. surely???

What was the doctors name that you visited?? Their are 3 doctors their that do it, perhaps ask over the phone if they do it for acne scars?? i will have to do that now as well!!!!!!!!!

I have a consultation for Smoothbeam with Dr Markey at the Lister Hospital in March. When I asked about price the nurse she couldnt say becaue usually Dr Markey uses more than one laser. 

They only say that because they want to make sure they get your £150 before you hear any details...

there are 2 papers that i have seen that have said that 1450nm wavelength lasers are effective for acne scarring. sb is a 1450nm laser. Someone must get him a copy of these papers. They do help improve scarring, he must be quite inexperienced with it though from what it sounds.

sb can be used on light asian skin right?..................

if this treatment is so effective ... where are the people who have had this success? its a scam, its a business machine that will say and do anything to get more money, they aren`t interested in your skin, only their pockets.

Can someone please post some before and after smoothbeam pictures from personal experience, or photos that you know aren`t retouched to prove Smoothbeam is up to all this hype.... scientific papers dont really inspire me much.

we have had people here that have said they have had improvement with sb (fromchicargo and marytheres) i believe, as well as some others.

All drug treatment and therapy is based on scientific journals. So if 2 or more say there will be some improvement, it is likely there will be some improvement in most people.

I am willing to test sb on myself in the uk. Many people in the USA have had success. Can those that have had success with sb let us all know.....

anyone know what the ND:YAG laser is?????

This is a non-ablative laser as well. Different to the ablative Erbium:YAG.

i think it is similar to SB/n-lite. Any further info on this???

Terminator: What day are you going in for your consultation?

Sick - Skin: what kind of scarring do you have? Did the doctor say his office was using smoothbeam for scars??

Why don`t you Uk ppl consider these fillers instead of Smoothbeam , I know I am .

www.consultingroom.com/Aesthetics/News/Display.asp?ID=392

the doctor gets the £150 not the nurse.  What would she gain out of it, they have 5 month waiting lists.

They're told to. That's why they'll never tell you the price over the phone. They're the only place in the UK that does it so they have a monopoly.