Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve321

what exactly is Pure Demings Explanation for not recommendin

Not recommending people use the intense gel overnight?

I was just wondering.. Because lately ive accidently been falling asleep with the stuff on..BUt could it possibly be worse for your skin in the long run if it stays on too long? Besides the possible breakouts that can occur.. Is there more to it?

I emailed them, but them seem to be dancing around the question.. ALmost as if they dont know..

I got a very clear answer from them actually whe I asked similar questions..

The ingredients of the IG penetrate to full capacity within 45 minutes - but some people like to leave it on a bit longer because of the hydration aspects of the oils..

They did say you can leave it on overnight - but in that instance to only use a very thin amount and not to have it touch your hair (especially if you don't wash your hair every morning) because Vit E oxidises once it's out in the open and starts to smell badly...

Once Vit E oxidises, it makes stuff go off ... or something like that.

Hope that answers your Qs....

And I did leave it on overnight once but feel I get better results from a 1 hour application.

I got a very clear answer from them actually whe I asked similar questions..

The ingredients of the IG penetrate to full capacity within 45 minutes - but some people like to leave it on a bit longer because of the hydration aspects of the oils..

They did say you can leave it on overnight - but in that instance to only use a very thin amount and not to have it touch your hair (especially if you don't wash your hair every morning) because Vit E oxidises once it's out in the open and starts to smell badly...

Once Vit E oxidises, it makes stuff go off ... or something like that.

Hope that answers your Qs....

And I did leave it on overnight once but feel I get better results from a 1 hour application.

You're right - PD isn't a research based company - but they do base their work on other peoples research (which is what most people do) ... and the truth is, even Dr P at skin Bio is unsure as to how CP works/doesn't work with Vit C.

There's always going to be discrepencies etc.. and for a long time, I used to love reading all the stuff on the skinbio site and went along with it as a bible... I found the standard CP soothing ... love their emu oil ... but my skin could not tolerate the saliycti.. (spelling?) in the Super CP ... when in his site, he suggests it's suitable for people with acne...... but I didn't have any more acne.. and it broke me out!

So, the bottom line is - people have to try products out for themselves - where someone will find one great, there will always be another disliking it.

I personally love the PD Intense gel.