Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanMan1

Accutane & Moisturizer

Alright guys, i've been on Accutane for 45 days now, it's been a good 45 days, no active acne on me rght now. Keep in mind my dosage is at a low 10 mg a day, and i weigh 180 lbs (80 kg)

Now the question i would like adressed is, should i be using a moisturizer? I mean, for 2 weeks or so i used olive oil, it worked good, didn't cause me to break out, and i've been using aloe vera gel, for about maybe one week.

I just ordered Complex 15 Thearupeatic Face Moisturizer, and it should be here anyday now, i would like to know if it would be a good idea to use it?

Anybody have info? Because i don't want more acne resulting from the use of this moisturizer, any info would be appreciated very much.

Thanks a lot, to all.

i used cetaphil while on accutane and loved it.

Cetaphil® Moisturizing Lotion

Specifically formulated to soothe chronically dry skin.

Non-comedogenic Cetaphil® Moisturizing Lotion is an elegant, oil-free and non-greasy formulation that is mild, non-irritating and long lasting. The cosmetically appealing formulation contains a superior system of emollients and humectants to bind moisture to the skin. The fragrance-free moisturizer contains no lanolins or parabens that could irritate sensitive skin.

i used cetaphil while on accutane and loved it.

Cetaphil® Moisturizing Lotion

Specifically formulated to soothe chronically dry skin.

Non-comedogenic Cetaphil® Moisturizing Lotion is an elegant, oil-free and non-greasy formulation that is mild, non-irritating and long lasting. The cosmetically appealing formulation contains a superior system of emollients and humectants to bind moisture to the skin. The fragrance-free moisturizer contains no lanolins or parabens that could irritate sensitive skin.

is this the one with spf 15? because i've tried it, it broke me out.

i've been using the cream and it's been working great. i actually only need to use the cream at night and then i can use a lighter lotion during the day. my skin is amazing. it's not oily at all or dry. i'm very thankful.

alright cool, cause i don't want to break out i've been clear for about two weeks, would suck to start breaking out right now.

Hey, just find a "noncomedogenic" moisturizer or sunscreen. It will say that on the label. That is the key. Noncomedogenic means it won't promote the formation of comedos (blackheads). There's a million out there at every store you can imagine. Find one you prefer. It's not a big deal, you don't need any exotic or hard to find products, unless you just don't like the common ones. If you want a sunscreen at the same time, there's also a million noncomedogenic, moisturizing sunscreens. I prefer the sunscreens that say they're made for the face because they tend not to sting the eyes.

That said, I've been using Neutrogenia, Eucerin and Moisturel and Aveeno brands. All work great and are available at almost every grocery, big box and drug store out there.

Hey, just find a "noncomedogenic" moisturizer or sunscreen. It will say that on the label. That is the key. Noncomedogenic means it won't promote the formation of comedos (blackheads). There's a million out there at every store you can imagine. Find one you prefer. It's not a big deal, you don't need any exotic or hard to find products, unless you just don't like the common ones. If you want a sunscreen at the same time, there's also a million noncomedogenic, moisturizing sunscreens. I prefer the sunscreens that say they're made for the face because they tend not to sting the eyes.

That said, I've been using Neutrogenia, Eucerin and Moisturel and Aveeno brands. All work great and are available at almost every grocery, big box and drug store out there.

cool, it's just that... the cetaphil lotion i used said it was Non-comedogenic, but it broke me out.

So i'm just scared the same will happen again with another brand, i'm going to give complex 15 a try.