Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ABeachGirl

Opinion on My "IB" Time

Ok so I've been on generic accutane for a month now, i started off at full fledge 80mg and i weigh 115-120lbs range. I havent had but a few new pimples every now and then in the time being, nothing huge, like a whole whole lot all at once. Would you say that i've had the IB ? Or is the calm before the storm? I ask because of the amount , and time of everything

Ok so I've been on generic accutane for a month now, i started off at full fledge 80mg and i weigh 115-120lbs range. I havent had but a few new pimples every now and then in the time being, nothing huge, like a whole whole lot all at once. Would you say that i've had the IB ? Or is the calm before the storm? I ask because of the amount , and time of everything

you probably won't get an ib. you are probably just breaking out normally. i didn't have an ib. i just broke out normally for a few weeks and then started clearing up.

Man i hope you're right, because a lot of the stuff i have is on the near downside to healing.

yep, that's what happened to me. i started out at 60mg/ day. which is my full dose.

you probably won't get an ib. you are probably just breaking out normally. i didn't have an ib. i just broke out normally for a few weeks and then started clearing up.

thats because u did antibiotics at the same time.

I didn't get an IB, but I also did antibiotics at the same time. That said, I have read that most people do not get an initial breakout. Something like 1 in 5 get it. Of course, I don't know how those statistics were complied and whether they are correct but it should be of some comfort.

I didn't get an IB, but I also did antibiotics at the same time. That said, I have read that most people do not get an initial breakout. Something like 1 in 5 get it. Of course, I don't know how those statistics were complied and whether they are correct but it should be of some comfort.

yeah, i heard it's either 20% or 25 % of people. that get an IB. i'm not sure though.

thats because u did antibiotics at the same time.

Maybe. i'm surprised more people don't use antibiotics for the first month.

I didn't get an inital breakout either. I did get a few new ones within the first few weeks, but it wasn't as bad as before 'tane. I stopped breaking out completely towards the end of my first month, and haven't broke out since, and I'm now at the start of my third month. I didn't use antibiotics for the first month or any time before my course.........