Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

Why don't most people scar on their nose?

How come I get zits on my nose treat them exactly the same as th one by my lip and I don't scar on my nose but I do on the one by my lip. Does it have something to do with the amount of sebum? Thanx

some ppl have scarred on their noses b4, but for the most part most haven't. the skin's thinner on the nose, but i don't know why it never scars (at least 4 me)

You are very lucky not to be scarring on your nose! Scars on the nose are among the hardest to get rid of. The skin on the nose is thin but it is tougher and more collagenous (kind of like a balloon). It is resilient and resistant to permanent wrinkles but once it is scarred it is very difficult to improve. Count your blessings!!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I do have scars on my nose too (all over face actually).

It's all good- Smoothbeam all the way baby!! biggrin.gif

No kidding. The nose is like the focal point when people look at you. I cannot explained the psychological my nose scars has caused me for years.

But, things are going to change (for good I hope). I will attempt the 50% TCA Cross treatment myself. (100% if I can get a hold of some).

Obi,

Please let us know how the SB works on your nose scars versus the others.

Poreman,

Try one scar first before you do any more with the TCA. Due to the unique properties of the skin on the nose, I would be very careful.

Thanks!!!

Anna

Thank for the advice Anna, I will be extra careful.

Another poster had a few nose scars test treated by a derm with 100% TCA CROSS. She experience redness, but after 2 treatments, one scar closed up, and the others improved too.

BTW, just talked to the person selling me the TCA. She said it is okay to store it in dark, cool place. No need to store it in a fridge. Hopefully, there will be no complication shipping it to Canada (from US).

what is a "cool" place besides a refigerator?

i've been searching for some 100% TCA too. I bought my 50% TCA from EBAY. I have done 2 pits so far (just did another) with the 50% TCA.

I just keep my 50% TCA in the drawer in the bathroom ... is that "cool" enough?

mrstupor,

If you take a bottle from the fridge, and leave it in room temp for long enough, condensation will form on the bottle. I don't want the water to max with the acid by accident.

How's your treat pits healing?

poreman,

after 2 days, my pit i treated has become redder .... looks like it may scab. we'll see.

i just keep the 50% TCA in my drawer in my bathroom (I've had it for almost 2 weeks now) .... so i should put in the refigerator?

Thanks mrstupor. I hope it works for you.

The person who sells TCA to me says "store them in a cool dark place. No need to store in a fridge".

I am not qualify to comment on this, but personally, I would not store it in a refridgerator if I have to take it out, and leave it in room temperature for an extended period of time. I don't want the water condensation formed outsdie the bottle to mix with the TCA by accident.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck!

poreman,

after 2 days, my pit i treated has become redder .... looks like it may scab. we'll see.

i just keep the 50% TCA in my drawer in my bathroom (I've had it for almost 2 weeks now) .... so i should put in the refigerator?