Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has tried the new Sally Hansen Airbrush makeup? it says its for all skin colors... does that really work? is it good for ur skin? If not can anyone reccomend a good foundation and concealer that covers good but isnt cakey?

I am outside a lot and my foundation tends to be very noticable, i have tried experimentingwith L'oreal foundations and Maybelline but they always seem to appear cakey no matter how much or how little i apply sad.gif .

Pleez help O:)

makeupbaby2: I tried the Sally Hansen Airbrush makeup. The one I tried says "no color" but it was too dark for me (I am very pale).

Currently I use:

- Laura Mercier foundation and powder.

Has anybody tried "fresh look" by cover girl? I have been using it forever and have never had clear skin, I am thinking this may be what has been braking me out all these years. It does say oil free and won't brake you out! So I am wondering if anybody else has used it. At the end of the day by dark acne scars turn pink from the foundation.

I use Covergirl Fresh Look Foundation and Powder. I can't really say its made my acne better or worse. I love the stuff. The only problem is I started using Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash. I loved the stuff because it stopped my breakouts. The only problem is it made my face feel and look like sandpaper, at least it wasn't really oily. Anyway because of my dry skin the Fresh Look Foundation doesn't work that well. Its not made for people with dry skin, but its a great help for oily skin.

I think I've tried everything including department store brands and nothing is as good as covergirl - the new clean oil control makeup / it doesn't clog your pore and is oil free but the only thing missing is SPF - the pocket powder is nice too but doesn't work that well with dan's reg.

they're not the best thing ever but it does the job and is better than the rest

i love the aqua smooth stuff but it isn't oil free - damn

almay is pretty good too but doesn't have that many colors

all the other brand tends to clog pores or have oil or irrate the heck out of my skin

ps: before you buy any makeup, make sure you know exactly what you're getting by going to the website and checking the ingredients and whether it's oil free or clogs your pores or not

good luck

I've tried probably every foundation out there.....from Covergirl, to Armani, to La Mer.

The best one out there is Jane Iredale PurePressed foundation. It is a powder and really cleared up my acne since it is a mineral foundation. It is very pure and does not contain a ton of chemicals. It also acts as a physical sunscreen. Think about it......can spreading a ton of chemicals on your face really help your acne?

I've tried Laura Mercier Oil Free and it was VERY mask-like to me. It was thick and felt really gross on my skin. You have to blend it really quickly or it WILL cake up. I researched it after I bought it and it has a few ingredients in it that are hazardous to acne-prones. Also, it doesn't pass the "home oil" test.

If you can't afford Jane Iredale then check out Sage's "safe cosmetics" list. That will give you the best options for acne-prones. Oh, and please throw the CoverGirl stuff out. That is probably what's causing your acne. My old makeup was the source of mine.

http://www.zerozits.com/SafeCosmetics/Safe...fecosmetics.htm

Click on "safe foundations" for more info.

Bonnie

If you are looking for a spray foundation, you may want to try "Era" spray foundation. Its kinda expensive ($55 per can) but it works great. It gives a full coverage, but it is not heavy at all. They sell it at "Pure Beauty" stores, if you have one near you... Give it a try!

for me, i like revlon colorstay. its much much better than the covergirl oil free foundation, i forgot which one i used, but it said olfree...it was too fake looking and some people even had the guts to tell me my makeup looks fake. i'm glad they did....i'm fortunate i found this revlon colorstay foundation. its the best. i have asked people what they think, and everyone says it looks natural, and a coworker said she didn't know i was wearing makeup. that was so sweet. it does cover. but for something red i do need concealer or powder. i am currently searching for a powder. i have gotten some good suggestions on another thread about MAC studiofix, i'll try that also. its a foundation/powder.

deffinetly try the revlon colorstay. also the color is good. i was told to figure out your foundation color you try it on you smooth part of lower arm. it worked. the foundation that looked best there, seems fine on my face. cool.

victorious, is it hard to remove revlon colorstay? I was told that it's really hard to clean off even with a make-up cleanser. Could you fill me in on that?

Thanks.

hi, yes it does seem a bit like it does not completely wash off,especially if i am also wearing powder on top. but thats the reason it stays all day. and when i first apply it it may look a bit dry, but within half and hour or so it looks more natural, cause it sets in.

well what i do is use dove soap and most of the time it seems to take almost all or all depending if i have powder on top. if it seems that its not all off, espcecially after a particularly long day, i also use clinique astrigent (clarifiying lotion), i don't know why its called lotion, its an astrigent. its very easy on the skin and not overdrying. And if you prefer to use makeup remover, it works fine i had no problem, i use stives. but of course washing my face is better than using makeup remover.

Personally, I like Bare Essentials mineral make up. It has an SPF 15 in it and it gives really good coverage. It covers the acne and the scars well and you don't look made up at all. It's very light because it's a powder. My skin loves it because it can breathe :o It takes some time to figure out how to match the foundations to your shade, but once you do, it's all good biggrin.gif/

I have minor breakouts and Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation worked for me. I just find it too oily so I had to use the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Pressed powder to control the oiliness of my skin.

Then I saw this infomercial on Bare Escentuals. I bought the 60-day trial then I went to the actual store at a San Jose, CA mall and plunked around $270 worth of makeup.

It was amazing, my skin looked so natural, like I was not wearing any makeup. On top of that, it stays on for several hours without a need for a retouch and my skin does not look oily at the end of the day. After a week, I started having these small bumps on my chin, which then became full blown pimples.

So I had to buy ProActive to take those pimples out. I am now back to Neutrogena, aside from the hassle of keeping on powdering my face, my skin is clear again.

I am still looking for a skin clearing foundation that does not make my face shine too much and would stay on for several hours.

I also use Revlon Colorstay in Nude and for powder I use Avon Incredible Finish Pressed Powder in Translucent Ivory. Together they don't do too bad a job covering up red marks but if I have a darker mark I use Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer (it's a green stick make up).

are you guys sure the revlon colourstay foundation is non comeodogenic? cz thats really what you should look for, i didnt see it mentioned in any colourstay product info :-k

Okay, I finally looked at the bottle so I can tell everyone that this foundation is safe. It says fragrance free and oil free also on the bottle and that this foundation won an award from Allure magazine Reader's Choice Award as being the best foundation. I recommend this stuff all the time and wear it, also.

I used to wear whatever Maybelline powder I liked over this stuff but lately I've been using Revlon New Complexion Powder and I recall alot of shades. This powder says that it doesn't contain animal, mineral or vegetable oil.

I tried to put thicker powder, like mineral powder over Colorstay and it made me look like a dead body in a coffin- waaay to thick.

HTH

I wear Jane makeup in No 2. buffy. It's the cheapest stuff at the drugstore - like $2 or $3, oil free and seems to work better for me than more expensive brands. I would like to try Jane Iredale someday though, but it is so expensive.