Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mym

Why the 15 minute wait?

Why do we have to wait 15 minutes after cleaning our face before putting on the bp, and then 15 minutes before putting the moisturizer?

Lately, I really don't have time to wait so much, and I've been applying it all with only 2 or 3 minute waits, just so that my skin is dry, and it's working just as well...

By the way, I'm using Panoxyl Aquagel, which dries up way faster than Neutrogena on the spot.

i think the main reason for waiting is so that our pores close and the bp absorbs better and more efficiently. I have been experimenting lately on which face washes help the bp absorb better.

i think the main reason for waiting is so that our pores close and the bp absorbs better and more efficiently.  I have been experimenting lately on which face washes help the bp absorb better.

According to Dan, one should, "Wait 15 minutes for pores to close and skin to dry."

So apparently, its not just a matter of waiting till the skin is dry, it seems to be important that the pores are closed too.

I do a modified version of the acne cure in which I incorporate some of Dan's logic.

I run and ice cube over my face and then apply BP as the cure states. However, after I am done with the ice packs I do as Dan suggests. I pat dry and apply more BP (granted not 2 fingers worth, more nonetheless) and rub gently until it is all absorbed...then wait and apply my moisturizer.

Know what I noticed? When my face is damp - the BP really just sits there. But when I apply it to my dry and very COLD face, it soaks that stuff up! I barely have to rub...maybe 2 minutes and it's all absorbed. (I use in between a nickle and a quarter sized dollop.)

So, I think there may be something to the dry andclosed pores...

Starzt,

How is that working out for you? I mean using the icing and the BP? Does it seem to help?

I just started the regimen recently and am curious as to whether or not the icing is a good addition to Dan's regimen.

The bp absorbs better when the skin is completely dry. I find that takes 15 minutes or so after a shower, or 5-10 after just a simple face wash.

According to Dan, one should, \"Wait 15 minutes for pores to close and skin to dry.\"

So apparently, its not just a matter of waiting till the skin is dry, it seems to be important that the pores are closed too.

But when I apply it to my dry and very COLD face, it soaks that stuff up!  I barely have to rub...maybe 2 minutes and it's all absorbed.

According to Dan, one should, \"Wait 15 minutes for pores to close and skin to dry.\"

Why would you want your pores to be closed if you are about to put on BP? You want the BP to absorb as best as possible so with that in mind you'd want to put it on sooner.

Starzt, 

How is that working out for you?  I mean using the icing and the BP?  Does it seem to help?  

I just started the regimen recently and am curious as to whether or not the icing is a good addition to Dan's regimen.

F49Z0R5!!! said it takes only 30 secs for the BP to absorb for him...wonder how he does that!? O:)   It was taking about 5 minutes or so for me to get it to absorb before I started icing.  Maybe my skin is just finicky.

Good luck!

But when I apply it to my dry and very COLD face, it soaks that stuff up!  I barely have to rub...maybe 2 minutes and it's all absorbed.

2 MINUTES!?!? Mine takes 30 seconds. =

It has nothing to do with "pores closing". The vehicle of benzoyl peroxide is SO tiny that it could get into the most microscopic of pores. This is not the issue. The bp simply seems to absorb into the skin more readily when the skin is dry.

It has nothing to do with \"pores closing\".  The vehicle of benzoyl peroxide is SO tiny that it could get into the most microscopic of pores.  This is not the issue.  The bp simply seems to absorb into the skin more readily when the skin is dry.