Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

What are these? Please help

I have never had acne scars before in my life. I used to pop and pick and them and nothing bad would happen. I'm wondering if maybe by icing my face for too long (I hold ice cubes on my face to reduce swelling of zits) I have developed some indents. I'm not sure if they'll go away or not but they are very shallow but enough to be noticeable to me and irregulary shaped. It's strange because one of them just kinda showed up. There was absolutely nothing there, no zit (although there could have been one there about two weeks before) and my skin was perfectly cclear there and then a strange indent started and it got deeper. I don't exfoliate could this help maybe/. I had gotten these from mild acne so I don't know. Do you think they'll go away or should I treat them? Thankyou

they are shallow acne scars, i use to have the same problem a few months ago. from what i've read up, it takes about a year for a scar to fully mature, so the indent itself may still be improved without any actual treatments, of course if your unwilling to wait there are a variety of treatments that can possibly help~

are there any creams I can buy that would actually work. My mom won't let my get a chemical peel or anything like that so I'd have to buy something off the internet or from the store any suggestions for something that will work? Thanx

I don't think that by icing your face you've caused indentations. It's probably the pimple itself that has caused the indentation.

If it's very shallow, then you could try something such as a lactic acid peel. You can actually puchase these off the internet (places like homepeels and makeupartistschoice). Not sure how long you have had these -- you might want to wait a while and see what happens before trying anything.

Thanx to you both for your ideas. Yeah it probably wan't the ice. I though maybe it damaged th tissue but probably not. oh I've it for abot six days now. I also stopped taking vitamin c pills but I'm going back on them now because this may of had something to do with it. I'll try one of thse homepeels maybe, but are there any risks invovled. I may try putting vinegar on it does this sound like good idea?

smile.gif

Six days is not that long, you might wait a month or so before doing anything.

I think Vitamin C would be a good thing for you to take - it is supposed to be beneficial to collagen.

There are always risks involved when you perform a peel on yourself. If you decide to do a peel, please research it thoroughly first. You can do a search on this board (top of the screen) to find out more information from others who have done peels.

Vinegar is another option yes -- apparently it acts like a very mild peel/disinfectant. Make sure to dilute it a bit so that you don't burn yourself. Be sure to try it in an inconspicuous area of your face first in case you should have a negative reaction to it.

Hope that helps some! smile.gif