Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnenewyork1

Silicon....My experience

I have not heard that it helps with enlarged pores. From what I understand,it is for deep tissue correction.

Does anyone know if silicon microdroplet injection helps with enlarged/scarred pores? That would be sweet.

I have not heard that it helps with enlarged pores. From what I understand,it is for deep tissue correction.

Does anyone know if silicon microdroplet injection helps with enlarged/scarred pores? That would be sweet.

My pamphlet on silicone I got from the Dr. says silicone oil is good for : peri-oral lines, lips, frown lines, depressed scars.

I just noticed this online today, it is the exact pamphlet that Dr. Alkek has in his office, the pictures on the top of the acne scars is pretty amazing, they try to use lighting that shows it better, but still I rather see pics from people on this board.

http://www.topdocs.com/display_procedure.p...iconeinjections

wow..that's impressive on the before and after photos of the silicone treatment on the acne scars. wonder how many treatments the patient had.

I just noticed this online today, it is the exact pamphlet that Dr. Alkek has in his office, the pictures on the top of the acne scars is pretty amazing, they try to use lighting that shows it better, but still I rather see pics from people on this board.

wow..that's impressive on the before and after photos of the silicone treatment on the acne scars. wonder how many treatments the patient had.

LOL I saw that photo...I would LOVE to find out more about it to see if it's legit. I think that's too damn good 2 be true

I don't know how many treatments that person had but I assume it's real. Dr. Alkek doesn't look like he ever had scars and he had this done himself, I just haven't talked to him in depth about it yet because he put me on the course for the acne last time and will discuss it further next time. I won't be heartbroken if he says I'm not the best candidate since I will still have permanent discoloration and maybe inflammation in my scars forever, but I would like something other than just creams. I'm hoping he can get my skin looking somewhat better by christmas when all the family comes down :pray:

LOL I saw that photo...I would LOVE to find out more about it to see if it's legit. I think that's too damn good 2 be true

I would say it's 'legit', that individuals scars were similiar to mine. I would need probably 2 more treatments to achieve the "after" picture outcome. It was reassuring to read that 3-6 months between final rounds was suggested, that is also what my doctor has been recommending.

UNBELIEVIEABLE! That is really impressive my scars r not even half as bad as that guys so I def. think this could b the answer for everyone. Thanks Tricia. I'm gonna try other methods for improving my scars 1st but if all else fails I'm just gonna have to hop on a plane to TX. and visit Dr. Alkek. :D:D:D:D:D

UNBELIEVIEABLE! That is really impressive my scars r not even half as bad as that guys so I def. think this could b the answer for everyone. Thanks Tricia. I'm gonna try other methods for improving my scars 1st but if all else fails I'm just gonna have to hop on a plane to TX. and visit Dr. Alkek. :D:D:D:D:D

Yea, I think he has many happy patients but silicone should be last resort I think too.

Yeah I gotta do that 2! Im feeling anxious.

Can anyone find out more info about that photo from Alkek? I saw it online first and posted it on this board a while back. I just want to know if it is a stock photo they use, or if it is an actual be4 and after from someone who had microdroplet.

can anyone ask if it's safe to have this procedure done if you get acne breakouts from time to time? tricia, can you ask your dr. about this plz. thanks!! i would like to hear his professional opinion about what would happen if say a cyst were to form on the spot of the silicone injection.

can anyone ask if it's safe to have this procedure done if you get acne breakouts from time to time? tricia, can you ask your dr. about this plz. thanks!! i would like to hear his professional opinion about what would happen if say a cyst were to form on the spot of the silicone injection.

Sure I will ask him, I will talk to him next Wednesday. My skin is clearing up good now I think the breakout was just pms. I will be getting on btp soon. My scars will get inflamed from time to time though so that bothers me if I were to have a bad reaction with swelling and nodules, granulomas, etc. I 'm not to concerned with migration as I think if a skilled doctor does it the right way in the scars chances are slim. Right in the center of my scars where they are pitted I actually don't have inflammation ever or acne it is just the sides of it, so perhaps if he just gets the center injected I wouldn't have a problem.

It depends on how much of the face you want done, I just want a small section done on each side so he quoted me $400 and said I would need two maybe three sessions. It can go as high as $600 a session and if your scars are really deep you might need 5 or 6 treatments, it just depends. You have to space them out at least a month too and more time towards the end so as to not overcorrect.

i have looked up the orientech group (spelling) they are located in NYC. Acne new yorker never responded to my pm about which doctor he went to.

when i called, the consultation visit was 350 but they would take that off if you got a proceedure on 1k about.

Ok, so I called Dr. Alkek's office today and made an appointment. I was told that the initial consultation was $95 and if he decides to do the injections, then they would cost $500 per treatment. I have a ways to drive, so hopefully all goes well.

I had my silicone injection today :dance: It all went very fast and smooth the hardest part was driving in the Dallas traffic, that gave me a worse headache than the injections themselves. I did get some numbing cream so it really didn't hurt bad. Since I didn't get many scars injected and he described my scars as shallow he only charged me $300 :) I asked him if I got a zit if the silicone would move and he said no, it wouldn't move, period. I was also surprised I didn't have to sign alot of waivers or anything, there was basically nothing I signed with any warnings on this procedure. He said I should see a difference in a month and then it's up to me whether I need to come back. I'm hoping I'll be happy with my results after this one and just be done with it. He made it sound like that wasn't impossible. He also gave me a prescription for antibiotics in case I do break out since I just got on Yasmine bcp. So it was all alot easier than I expected and I recommend anyone going to see him for a consult.

I had my silicone injection today :dance: It all went very fast and smooth the hardest part was driving in the Dallas traffic, that gave me a worse headache than the injections themselves. I did get some numbing cream so it really didn't hurt bad. Since I didn't get many scars injected and he described my scars as shallow he only charged me $300 :) I asked him if I got a zit if the silicone would move and he said no, it wouldn't move, period. I was also surprised I didn't have to sign alot of waivers or anything, there was basically nothing I signed with any warnings on this procedure. He said I should see a difference in a month and then it's up to me whether I need to come back. I'm hoping I'll be happy with my results after this one and just be done with it. He made it sound like that wasn't impossible. He also gave me a prescription for antibiotics in case I do break out since I just got on Yasmine bcp. So it was all alot easier than I expected and I recommend anyone going to see him for a consult.

Congrats!

I hope you get the results that you're hoping for.

:D