Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stephfromnj

my miracle coverup

About 20 years ago I experimented with an "intant" anti-wrinkle smoother on my scars. 95% reduction! and I have severe and various type of scars. I was amazed and since then I will not go out of the house without it. This stuff is advertized for under eye wrinkles.. but I smoothed it over my entire face. only a very thin layer-be still for 3 minutes while it dries.

the only problem.... it is temporary... lasts about 3 hours. but for even three hours, it is worth it. otherwise I don't think I'd go out during the day!

look for the advertized "instant line smoothers" that contain aluminum silicate and magnesium aluminum silicate. "genie" on QVC works well, also, at your beauty suppy store they have some.

Has anyone else tried this?

Yes - In fact I tried Serious Skin Care's A-Tox. I think now they call it "InstaTox" or something like that. Yes, it smoothes out indentation scars pretty well temporarily, like you said. However, about a week or two after using it everyday I got my first cyst in about 10 years. Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but it was bad enough that it made me stop using the stuff. So yes, good for temporary smoothness but it also could be acnegenic.

I've read that the products work but make it impossible to put makeup on. Is that true?

The instant wrinkle stuff never caused a flare up in me over 20 yrs. Also, I never needed to buy make-up... after it sets, I just apply some powered blush or bronzer.

I am always experimenting with the different brands. I did not find the "Insta-tox" stuff to work as well as some of the other temp. wrinkle smoothers... too many other ingredients.. look for ones that have the fewest. Main important ones are "Sodium Silicate" and Magnesium Alunimum silicate. Another tip, after applying a very thin film to entire face, put a hair dryer on your face to "set it". Then add some blush with soft brush as needed.

I find this can last for about 3-4 hours. It has really been my lifeline to going out. Plus added bonus of no wrinkles! People always comment thqat they think I a;m 10 yrs younger!

I hope this helps.

StephfromNJ, could you recommend a brand or two that you've had success with. I'm meeting my boyfriend's kids for the first time in a couple of weeks and I want that initial first impression to be improved. I don't care if it only lasts a couple of hours. But I think I'd want to put makeup over it. Is it really impossible?

Hi Charlotte,

Charlotte,

I order mine privately from some place in Miami Beach. Its called "Smooth away lines". I ccan't find an order form now because I just placed an order so in a week I should have it.

In the meantime, go to a beauty supply store & ask where they keep their "temorary wrinkle smoothers". There's one called "No Lines" by Victoria Vogue. Small glass bottle-the stuff is pink. Just check the ingredients.

You will not need any makeup on top... really. Just let it set for three minutes... do not move your face! then hwhen it is tight, add a little powder & blush as needed, very softly bbrushing it on. Slowly begin to move you face again. I know this sounds weird, but the results can truely amazing.

Steph

I put 'Anti-Wrinkle Smoother' in the search engine. It came up with wrinkle creams...but not a temporary line eraser. I am in Australia. Does anyone know of an anti-wrinkle smoother offered from the major cosmetic companies? ie Clinique, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden or whatever... I won't be able to get an obscure American brand here.

This message is for Stephfr.....

can you specify what actual brand of product you are using to smooth away shallow scars temporarily. I would like to give that product a try since you state that it works so well.

Thanks.

There are two I have found effective:

Genie (order on QVC)

and

"Smooth away lines" -order from

Mark Traynor

PO Box 398867

Miami Beach Florida

33239-8867

Good luck...

If it helps anyone I'd love to hear

Hi,

I've tried this, but found when I apply it over my entire face it "cracks", giving me that fine aged look I'm trying to avoid, lol. Anyone else experience this?

i have yet to find a good foundation i tried all kinds of mineral makeup which just made my pores look larger and didnt really last long dermablend which was too oily now i just use colorstay by loreal which doesnt cause me to break out which is always a good thing the coverage is good.but i can feel it on and after a while that matte look doesnt last.