Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HyperSniper

HyperSniper's first accutane log

Hey hey!

just checking in on you to see how you're doing! Getting a little better everyday I see! WOOT!

Dont peel off the skin on the cysts!!! It'll cause more irritation to them if you break them. Irritation=more redness. My derm said it's better to let them dry and crust up or pop on their own to prevent some deeper scarring. but who knows...

I have a bad habit of peeling the flakes too, but I stopped doing that when my skin started to get too sensitive for it. You end up giving your skin little scratches! So the flakes look better than that lol.

Anywho I hope you had a good thanksgiving!! Let us know how you're doing babe!

DAY 20

Yup, today was not a good day for my face. One of my cysts that had shown significant improvement popped back up slowly through out the day. Everything else seemed to enlarge and become more red too. My face seems to go through cycles of getting better, then getting worse, although overall it has been getting better.

Today my face wasn't as dry as it had been either.... maybe from moisturizing.

I wish it would just get better and not get worse.

Wow you're farther ahead of me. Acne in general has a way of going through cycles like that. Happens to me to. Good luck with the rest of your accutane journey. Things can only go up from here.;)

3 months you'll look back and be like WHOA. 4 months you'll be a new person. 5 months... i don't know i havn't even been on 5 months.

3 months you'll look back and be like WHOA. 4 months you'll be a new person. 5 months... i don't know i havn't even been on 5 months.

lol, I dunno. I think it might take longer than 3 months to really clear my skin up, but hopefully I'll be done with this by my senior year.

yeah, too be realistic it'll probably take more than 3 months considering your acne but IT WILL BE CLEAR, maybe month 4 or 5. Think how awesome that day will be :D

DAY 21

Well today started out great.....

The night before I noticed that my acne was feeling itchy again, although I didn't really have anything on hand that I could use to fix that. It kind of comes in waves, so during the day I can just use my force of will not to scratch.

This morning I was lying in bed half awake at about 5:50 A.M. when I felt some kind of liquid on my face. I thought "Hey, that's weird" and put my hand up to my face to see what it was.

The tips of my fingers were literally covered in blood.

I got a shot of adrenaline, hopped out of bed and ran over to the bathroom and stuck my head under the facet to wash it all off. Apparently I had subliminally scratched myself in my sleep, and cut myself. The wound wasn't that bad though, it was like 1mm at the widest point, I must have kept scratching and kept it open....

Ugh, I have a nice little blood stain on my sheets where I let it drip.

My face didn't look any better today. Lots of peeling around the mouth.

It sounds like you're doing good, besides the whole scratching yourself part. Tane works slow, but you'll be so glad in the long run. Keep us updated with pics too :) we're all cheering for you

Day 22

Well, a spot I thought was going to go away soon reactivated itself and spread down towards my chin more....

Other than that not much else.

Over thanksgiving I ate a whole lot of chocolate and drank some soda so I'm trying to lay off sugar for a while.... not that diet really has much to do with it.

Been having some head aches, and despite drinking water I've been pretty thirsty lately.

Day 22

Well, a spot I thought was going to go away soon reactivated itself and spread down towards my chin more....

Over thanksgiving I ate a whole lot of chocolate and drank some soda so I'm trying to lay off sugar for a while.... not that diet really has much to do with it.

Been having some head aches, and despite drinking water I've been pretty thirsty lately.

yeah, accutane does make you thirsty but, eventually you feel normal again. the first few weeks on accutane i couldn't drink enough water.

Day 22

good luck man, im still paranoid of what i eat, I know if im allergic to a food i breakout from it

and i don't eat anything sugary really and salty shrug

DAY 23

Oh joy, blood test tommorow.

I don't like blood tests..... whenever they take my blood I almost faint. It's not that I'm scared or anything, my body just starts to shut down for some reason.....

hey man. i hope you find what you've been looking for.

i'm starting accutane in a week or two so i've been looking around here.

you seem pretty godly so i really wish you get cured in the long run.

so good luck. keep pwning.

i'm on your side.

DAY 24

Dammit.... today the side of my face got hit with a backpack..... and it wasn't even that hard. I was sitting down and one of my friends swung it around and hit me in the face. It hurt like hell, if I get grazed ANYWHERE it hurts like hell. The pain wasn't what I was mad about though, everytime something get bumped it SWELLS up, so now the one of the right side of my face has swelled up more, and a spot that wasn't that bad has become considerably larger.............

I see the derm soon, can't remember exactly when, but I think I might get ask cortizone shot for one of my cysts.... it's just so huge.................

To make matters worse I got invited to a girl's birthday party, but she moved out of town and I haven't seen her in like 6 months. I don't want her to see me like this.............. My acne is 10x worse from the last time she saw me...........

I don't get invited to many "real" parties and I don't know if I want to miss this one............ If my acne doesn't dramatically improve in the next two weeks then I won't go. So that pretty much means I'm not going to go, because it will be a godsend if it does.

So I just wanted to say is I just looked at ur recent pictures and there is definitely so much improvement already. All that dryness is kicking the acne's butt. Just keep going.

And I know you might not want to, but go to the party. Who cares about everyone else. She invited you because she wants you to be there. She wasnt thinking about acne. AND knowing that you're doing something thats going to take it all away soon is a good conversation starter if anyone asks. Chances are people there will have taken accutane before. You'd be suprised.

hmm actually i think ur skin got so much better in such a short period of time. in two weeks it'll be even better. so dont worry!! try to protect ur skinn as much as possible :) gdluck

DAY 27

For the most part, my skin is clearing up. However....... two breakout areas got considerably worse, one on the left side of my nose, and one on the lower right hand side of my face..

The one of the lower right is incredibly annoying because it HURTS and is BIG. When I look straight in the mirror there is the nice little curve in my face :wacko: grrrr skin started drying out again after a break of a few days....

I ate a cheese pizza with 96% of my daily saturated fat. I didn't take my second accutane pill right then though.... although I thought about it. Does it matter how long you wait in between pills? It was a good 5 hours away from when I ate breakfast when I ate lunch.

DAY 27

For the most part, my skin is clearing up. However....... two breakout areas got considerably worse, one on the left side of my nose, and one on the lower right hand side of my face..

The one of the lower right is incredibly annoying because it HURTS and is BIG. When I look straight in the mirror there is the nice little curve in my face :wacko: grrrr skin started drying out again after a break of a few days....

I ate a cheese pizza with 96% of my daily saturated fat. I didn't take my second accutane pill right then though.... although I thought about it. Does it matter how long you wait in between pills? It was a good 5 hours away from when I ate breakfast when I ate lunch.

sometimes i take my pills jjust a few hours apart, it doesn't really matter.

DAY 28

Well, some improvement. A scar on my nose has pretty much faded away, and my nose which had about 3 dozen blackheads shown a lot of improvement there too.... but these giant cysts refuse to budge.....

I wish I could have gone on accutane 8 months ago when my derm originally wanted to put me on it... but my bitch for a Mother wouldn't have that.... I should have fucking argued with her, but I didn't. I lose every argument, but I should have tried hard to fucking get her to put me on it, or at least tried to get my Dad to take me to get it.....

No use trying to change the past though. What is done is done... I can't help beating myself up about it and being angry at my mom about it though....

I've developed a taste for Marilyn Manson, lol. Before I never really cared for him much despite that I like Metal and Industrial..... Probably because I hate just about everyone right now.

The beautiful people, the beautiful people

Its all relative to the size of your steeple

Gallery has been updated. Just click the link in my sig and leave some comments there....

I wish I could have gone on accutane 8 months ago when my derm originally wanted to put me on it... but my bitch for a Mother wouldn't have that.... I should have fucking argued with her, but I didn't. I lose every argument, but I should have tried hard to fucking get her to put me on it, or at least tried to get my Dad to take me to get it.....

my parents didn't want me to go on it either, especially my mom, my dad didn't really know anything about it (well neither did my mom, but she thought she did). but i argued with her and she finally let me go on it, I was going to anyway because i was 19 at the time and didn't need her permission or anything.

what made your mom change her mind?

It got about 12 times worse and I finally said "I'm going on it no matter what when I turn 18," I told her I had no other options I had tried everything else, and presented a whole bunch of research I did saying it was safe.

Apparently she was worried that it would effect me psychologically, because I never smile, always tell people who call me to go out no, I laugh at violence, and I am obsessed with firearms and knives.