Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joygirl

Question from a newbie

Hello! Yesterday I found this website, and since I already had 2.5% BP, i decided to give the regimen a try. I'm officially on Day 2 as of this evening. :-)

After using the BP last night and this morning, the area where I broke out on my chin is already drying up. I obviously did not use a lot of BP, seeing as I don't want to irritate my skin. I know that Dan says the key is to use a ton of BP, but if using a smaller amount works for me, is that necessary? Should I just keep using a little more every few days anyway?

I guess that I just feel scared that all my skin is going to dry up and flake off. :-# tell me no.

Also, how long should I wait to use that AH lotion that I'm not supposed to use right away? (sorry, can't remember the name exactly ](*,) ) A week? 2 weeks?

My skin just feels so dry after washing and waiting 15 minutes to apply the BP. Would it be bad to go for a couple hours w/o BP, and just moisturizer? or could that cause zits because I'm not following the regimen exactly?

I'm sorry that I have so many question....I guess I'm just really curious because all of this new information is almost overwhelming. I love it! =D>

Anyway -- I hope someone has some answers from their own experience. O:)

Hello!  Yesterday I found this website, and since I already had 2.5% BP, i decided to give the regimen a try.  I'm officially on Day 2 as of this evening.  :-)  

After using the BP last night and this morning, the area where I broke out on my chin is already drying up.  I obviously did not use a lot of BP, seeing as I don't want to irritate my skin.  I know that Dan says the key is to use a ton of BP, but if using a smaller amount works for me, is that necessary?  Should I just keep using a little more every few days anyway?    

I guess that I just feel scared that all my skin is going to dry up and flake off.  :-# tell me no.  

Also, how long should I wait to use that AH lotion that I'm not supposed to use right away? (sorry, can't remember the name exactly ](*,) ) A week? 2 weeks?  

My skin just feels so dry after washing and waiting 15 minutes to apply the BP. Would it be bad to go for a couple hours w/o BP, and just moisturizer? or could that cause zits because I'm not following the regimen exactly?  

I'm sorry that I have so many question....I guess I'm just really curious because all of this new information is almost overwhelming.  I love it!  =D>  

Anyway -- I hope someone has some answers from their own experience.   O:)

I started with the Eucerin Renewal AHA at the end of my second week. I used the Cetaphil at first. The first week I peeled as if I'd been sunburned but the new skin was great! I'm in my 3rd or 4th month now and still doing well, no more breakouts! Good luck!

Maral,

I just looked at your location and realized that you're from Toledo, Ohio! That is really cool because I was born and raised there, till my family moved 10 minutes over the state line into Temperance, Michigan! I moved down here to Kansas after I was married in May of this year, and haven't been back up there so far. sad.gif However, my man and I will be going up around Christmas, so that's going to be really great.

Anyway - ha -- I know this really has NOTHING to do with anything on this link, but I was excited to find someone from my hometown!! biggrin.gif

How long did it take you to really start feeling like your skin was improving from the regimen? I'm on my 5th day, and hoping that I don't have some huge breakout or anything...I seem to be getting small little

zits in odd places...but nothing too large to handle, thank heavens.

The neut. healthy skin moisturizer seems to almost make my skin greasy #-o for some reason. Did the eucerin renewal help a lot with keeping your skin from flaking? I hate putting make-up on and then seeing all these little pieces of skin that have to be brushed at. Not a blessing.

Anyway -- just wanted to say 'hey' from one Toledo-ian to another. smile.gif