Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taz2006

alcohol in moisturizers!

hi, the regiment tells us to use moisturizer on top of the BP layer, now my BP (benzac water based gel 2.5%) advises not to mix it with cosmetics with alcohol in it. what should i follow? and the other question is the regiment doesn't say whether i should wash the bp off when i wake up in the morning or not!

hi, the regiment tells us to use moisturizer on top of the BP layer, now my BP (benzac water based gel 2.5%) advises not to mix it with cosmetics with alcohol in it. what should i follow? and the other question is the regiment doesn't say whether i should wash the bp off when i wake up in the morning or not!

well if ure doing the regimen properly- ure cleansing first thing in the morning and re applying BP

if you are only applying BP once a day at the moment you can either wash and moisturise in the morning and that will get rid of the BP- or you can just use a little bit of water in the morning to wash off any oil and moisturise if need be

and just use one of the recommended moisturisers at the beginning

cetaphil is available in all countries

If you look at the ingredients of practically every moisturizer (at least all of the recommended ones), you'll see they all contain alcohol

Cetyl, benzyl, cetearyl alcohol, alcohol denat. etc.