Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
branded

Mandelic and C&C products log

I thought I would start my own log, more for my benefit than any one else's. Here is my regimen:

Morning:

Clean and Clear blackhead scrub

Clean and Clear continuous control

Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer

Clinac O.C. for oil control

Evening:

C&C products again(no C&C moisturizer this time)

Mandelic serum

jojoba oil

I also take chlorophyll tablets daily and drink atleast a gallon of water a day. I'm getting ready to also start taking colon cleanse tablets(save the comments smile.gif ) because I have heard great things about having a clean colon biggrin.gif I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks and am now completely clear and the dark red marks I had have dwindled to a light pink. I am very happy with my skin right now. Hope it lasts [-o<

Well, so far so good. My skin has gotten a little dry, however, but the jojoba oil seems to take care of it. I live in Denver and it is very cold right now and the weather is not helping my dryness at all! No new breakouts and it is about to be the time of the month that I always break out, so I guess that will be a true test. Red marks are still fading well. I am still very thrilled with my new regimen and I must say that I love the C&C moisturizer also. It has SA in it but it is very moisturizing for the daytime. I have to use jojoba at night because of the mandelic, but the C&C is sufficient for the day.

Last night I woke up around 2:30 because I had a toothache sad.gif and noticed I had a zit beginning to form on my right jawline. I put some mandelic serum on it and took some tylenol and went back to bed. When I woke up this morning it had come to a head and I was able to pop it very easily and now it is gone. smile.gif Mind you, I am having that time of the month and usually I get 5 or 6 cysts along my jawlines. They never come to a head, I just have to let them go away on their own, so I am extremely happy that I only got one this time and the mandelic brought it to a head. We are having 20-30 degree weather here right now and my skin is a little dry still, but it is kind of cool to actually see the exfoliating process and my moisturizer is still doing a good job. Until next time......

Well, I really don't have anymore drying. My peeling skin comes off as I am washing my face and it does not seem to be a problem. My skin feels a little tight, but very very soft. Still no new breakouts and usually at this time of the month, I am a mess!!! My skin is clear and I no longer wear makeup day to day and yesterday the clerk at the convenient store thought my 9 year old son was my brother!!! biggrin.gif

Well, the drying is completely gone. I have one pimple on my cheek, but it is just a little bump and I can live with it. No horrible breakouts like what I dealt with for 16 years. I love this regimen and hopefully it will continue to work. I have tried to drink atleast 64 ounces of water a day, which is soooo difficult. I also started taking the colon cleanse tablets and still take the chlorophyll tablets and I think my system is a lot cleaner than it used to be and that could contribute to less breakouts also. All in all, after over a month, I am still thrilled.

I have never scarred before, but a couple of months ago I got 2 really bad cysts. They left purple marks, which are now light pink, but it looks to me like they might have sunken in a little. So, I am a little worried about that. Hopefully because of the regime I am on, they won't scar. Other than that, my face looks great. People I am close to are commenting on how great it looks. My kids don't ever say anything about pimples anymore smile.gif At this moment, I have no active acne and every purple mark is either light pink or gone. My skin is as soft as a babies ass biggrin.gif and it looks a lot more even, complexion wise. The only thing I find hard to do on this regime, is drink lots of water. I am NOT a fan of water smile.gif But, the morning and night, washing with 2 products, applying mandelic, etc. is really not a bother to me. It only takes about 5 minutes and is so worth it. I'm just amazed that after YEARS of fighting acne and after months of being on this board, I might have finally found my cure. I can't tell everyone just how much I think this mandelic serum is the key. The C&C products are good, but the mandelic is amazing.

Everything is still going great. I have noticed, however, that I have a black dot on my cheek(it really is the size of a needle head) and it is hard. I know people will not notice it, but it bugs the heck out of me. Anyone know what this might be? I don't know how long it has been there, I just noticed it a week ago or so. I want to mess with it, because it looks like a blackhead but it is really hard,but I am not allowing myself to pick at it. Everything else is going as hoped.

Where do you get the Mandelic serum and jojoba oil?  Can you buy it in stores, or do you need to order online?  What brand do you use?

Everything is still going good, however, I'm really thinking about starting tanning again. I know, I know, it's bad, but I just look so much better with some color. White just ain't right for me biggrin.gif I also think I am going to go back on proactiv after the first of the year. C&C works fine for me, but it doesn't give me what proactiv did. My skin is still a little rough and on proactiv it was so smooth and clear. I am going to stay with mandelic because I love that stuff and in the long run I think I will be 50 and look 30 with this stuff. I still do not get any breakouts, my skin just doesn't look like it looked this summer. It might have more to do with the tanning than the proactiv, but together they were great. So, I am going to keep doing what I am doing now and probably switch to proactiv after Christmas, but mandelic is here to stay. I remember, also, that proactiv was the only thing that ever made all my blackheads disappear. I have a million blackheads on my nose and proactiv is the only thing that has ever made them go away. Mandelic hasn't even gotten rid of them. So, that's my plan. I still take the chlorophyll and colon cleanse tablets and I really recommend those, I think a cleaner system is good for overall health.

So you think the proactiv was better? I am just finishing a week of the C&C regimine plus the mandelic acid and I stopped and started proactiv and AHA and my skin has become a mess. I don't know what to do...whether I should stick it out with the C&C and mandelic...or use proactiv and mandelic. Also, when you used makeup, did you wear foundation? Did the C&C stuff take it off all the way? It didn't for me.