Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mik1276

Puredeming or Copper peptides?

They're different products completely - the can work well together as long as you get the puredeming stuff WITHOUT vit C.

I used copper peptides for several months but didn't see much noticeable improvement. Maybe a tiny bit on pore type scars.

I have only used PureDeming for a few days so I really can't tell you what effect it has yet.

If I had to choose between the two I'd probably select PureDeming because it has several ingredients that are supposed to be beneficial for scarring.

The best thing you can do is look through the threads and take note of the improvements people are saying they have received from each.

The more I think of it, it seems that the use of copper peptides haven't really helped all that many people. I think I am going to abandon my use of the Super CP Serum and Exfol Serum for now and concentrate solely on Lactic Acid Peels, the PureDeming Intense Gel (No C), the Mandelic Serum and Retin-A Micro Gel. I am now wondering if copper peptides are really what they're all cracked up to be...

The more I think of it, it seems that the use of copper peptides haven't really helped all that many people. I think I am going to abandon my use of the Super CP Serum and Exfol Serum for now and concentrate solely on Lactic Acid Peels, the PureDeming Intense Gel (No C), the Mandelic Serum and Retin-A Micro Gel. I am now wondering if copper peptides are really what they're all cracked up to be...

Is it possible to wear/ use the PURE DEMING INTENSE GEL in the morning for an hour.

THEN

Use Super Cop @ night and wear it overnight?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gwfa - Yes it's possible - but I suggest you ask puredeming to sell you their version of th Intense Gel withoutvitamin C - or else you risk the CP and Vit C not being effective.

well..

how big would the risk be if used the super cop @ night before i go to bed and the PURE DEMING in the morning?

how many hours of separation is safe in between uses?

Thanks all for your input, it's a great help. I asked Pure Deming for a sample to try first, but I'm thinking about ordering it anyways, seems like it helps people. I may start out with that first to see how I like it. Also, I was wondering if you can still use this along with the regimen? If so, at what point in the day should you put it on? I also ordered gycolic acid, i believe 20% to start.

Thanks!

Please keep in mind that many people have had incredibly good results with CP Serums. Some people cannot tolerate the Super serum, but that doesn't mean that the products don't work.

Please everyone.....you have to use the products for 4-6 months with STRONG PEELS to see really good results. I'm talking about the SUPER SERUM.

I'm sorry for the people who cannot use the SUPER serum, but peptides aren't magic bullets and don't work overnight. Many people have had great results with the serums, just OVER TIME.......

I would rather people use the Super serum for 6 months consistently with peels and then make an assessment. Dr. Pickert says very specfically you have to slightly damage the skin via peel or strong exfoliation and combine that with the peptides, and it could take a long while. Consistance is the key here. I didn't know for certain the REGULAR serum worked until after about 14 months of using it, I noticed the small pits on the side of my nose were filling in dramatically. I hadn't noticed, really. Sounds weird, but it's true. One day I put on foundation and saw that I didn't have those small holes on the side of my nose; at least not to the degree I had had them.

I love the PureDeming also. I cannot speak on it's effectiveness for scars, but I can say that being consistant in my copper peptide use and peels has helped my scars dramatically. Ofcourse I've done other things, but I know for me, the Super serum has been a miracle. Catlover said he did 30% glycolic peels twice a week and used the Super serum everyday and had his pits reduce by 50% in 6 months. So again......I wanted to repeat this again because these are clinically proven products. Even Dr. Perricone endorses them.

To All,

I agree completely with Denise.

I have used copper-peptides with regular exfoliation and have seen more than 50% improvement, but it has taken me nine and a half months of continual use.

I have not swapped or changed to other products and have been very diligent and patient, hence I have seen results.

Over the past couple of months I have been able to purhcase the super-cop and my results are even more rapid.

I should say that my scarring is not on my face and it is hypertrophic.

Having said that, I have had no success with lasers or any other product and when I say no success I mean after trying many things over the last 15 years!

This stuff works for me!

U

I'm thinking now that I haven't given the Super CP Serum a fair shake. I'll keep using it and maybe in the future I'll see some of the positive results described above. Good to see it's helped a lot of people.

I just don’t have the patience to use cp serum with AHA peels for 6-12 months, that’s why I went and did a procedure. I don’t want to be up late at night worrying about whether or not I applied cp serum and whether or not I have to do a 40% lactic acid peel as well. I have wasted too long with these regimes and scars already. I don’t want to be 40 and my little kid (If I ever have kids) comes in as says dad what are you putting on your face. I want to move on and forget.

I used regular cp serum up till day 55 or so after my procedure. My face looked red, grazed and horrible. I don’t like the fact that cp has a dark colour to it so as soon as you apply it to your scars they look worse. As soon as I stopped using cp my face started improving. Now I am stuck with $100 worth of cp products, some not opened.

By what people have been saying yes cp works for indented scarring with peels, I am not sure if the intense gel does. However I have been using it with mandelic serum and it is fading my red marks. I have finally found a cure for fading red marks besides doing nothing and getting sun on my face. Also with the intense gel after it’s washed off it is still on your face so you don’t need to apply a moisturizer plus you have that extra glow. This stuff is good but it can cause breakouts and blackheads, which I have noticed in the last few weeks of use.

I used the standard CP for several months - it was soothing after a peel. But within a month of using the super CP, I found that each pit (especially after excision) started to get inflamed - stopped using it, and the inflamation went away.

My guess is that Vit C will be better than just the standard CP - if they could create a stronger CP that is like the standard one, then I'd give it another try.

John: Didn't you say that the Super serum seemed to irritate or break you out? It irritates Maya too. It might be that the copper peptides are just simply too strong for some of you. I'm really sorry for some of you guys that cannot tolerate the super serum because it really does work.

Maya...I believe that the regular serum is still more powerful/effective than vitamin c. Certainly vitamin c has never been known to really help scars in any event.

Will: Hey, I understand wanting to get something done for your scars. But you know, I think that when they did the roll-cit on you, they went very deep. I was thinking about you the other day because I was reading somewhere that the copper peptides product that are made for laser surgery are petrolatum based. I think for you, you probably shouldn't have used the regular serum until you were healed more. You could try a spot now if you are healed more and see if it helps. I had read that the regular serum shouldn't be used on raw skin. I think it's fine for needling as needling is hardly what you'd call invasive. But I believe on the SB site, it's even stated not to use the CP Serum on skin that is raw. So in all honesty, because your procedure was pretty invasive, you probably shouldn't have used the regular serum. Didn't Dr. Pickert tell you the same thing? However, if you are satisfied with the way your scars look and you don't need collagen stimulation then don't try it. If you do want improvement, try to spot treat it lightly. You may benefit from it now that you are more healed.

I agree that the PD gel is really awesome stuff.

Denise

if you had to make a choice between Retin-A-Micro and Super CP, which one would it be?

I've just received some retin-a-micro 0.4% - at present, I'm using the puredeming in the am and mandelic in the PM. When do you think it would be best for me to apply the retin-a-micro? Thanks biggrin.gif

I hope it doesn't irritate me like the standard retin-a.

I've just received some retin-a-micro 0.4% - at present, I'm using the puredeming in the am and mandelic in the PM. When do you think it would be best for me to apply the retin-a-micro? Thanks  

I hope it doesn't irritate me like the standard retin-a. 

Maya, I just started back with the Retin-A Micro again after a few years off. I'm using it presently at bedtime. I do Puredeming for 45 minutes in the AM and put on the mandelic serum after my shower and before I leave for the day. 

I'm on the same strength Retin-A Micro as you are...0.4%. I originally stopped it a few years back because it seemed to bring out pimples that weren't there before, but this time I'm determined to get past it so that it can get to work on helping to dissolve the scars. Standard Retin-A ALWAYS broke me out (badly) in the past. I once read somewhere that the base that it's in is highly comedogenic. Why on earth would a pharmaceutical company create an acne product in a comedogenic base?

Hope you will have better luck tolerating the Micro Gel. Hope I will, too!

John: Didn't you say that the Super serum seemed to irritate or break you out? It irritates Maya too. It might be that the copper peptides are just simply too strong for some of you. I'm really sorry for some of you guys that cannot tolerate the super serum because it really does work.

It doesn't break me out that badly, Denise, but it has been a little irritating in the past. I tend to get tiny whiteheads from it. I think I overuse it...just like I overuse all the products I apply to my face. Why can't I get it through my head that MORE is NOT better? It sucks to be so impatient! 8-[

John: The SB site says to use the CP very lightly. Matter of fact, I believe that Pickert says on his site that overuse isn't good. They go on to say that applying it thickly or heavily does NOT make the CP more effective! So you may be overdoing it.

Like Understood said.....you have to be consistant, and use peels. If your skin isn't used to peels, you can always use drugstore brands aha's and work your way up to peels twice a week, and slowly increase the percentage of aha in the product and/or peel. The reason why I encourage use of copper peptides (in particular the SUPER serum) is because it is a very safe way to treat scars.

This is a slow way to go but consistancy should produce results. Recall that it took about a year for me to see a big difference in my scars with the use of the regular serum. Also keep in mind I did some serious peeling during that time, including a TCA. When you do that kind of strong peel, I believe it activates the peptides to REALLY attack the scar tissue and stimulate collagen.

Maya: I hope and pray [-o< that you can tolerate the Retin a micro also! You know, like someone at Voy said, you can always spot treat! You know, maybe you should do that and see how you tolerate it. Personally, I think that both the Super serum and Retin A micro are fantastic for scar repair.....at least for me. But see if you can lightly spot treat and see how that goes. You should be able to start that as soon as your skin isn't scabby.

BTW Maya.....I read what you said about that 1 inch scar and I was going to let you know to be encouraged. You know I had that head injury with a 1 inch scar between my eyes also. It was exactly like you described yours. I didn't need stitches but I did bleed pretty bad. When I figured out that when I hit that corner and felt blood gushing down my face I was like: GREAT! *ANOTHER* SCAR!! ](*,)

It was right between my eyes and it was an inch long, a line where the skin was slightly seperated. You know, it is almost gone. It has TOTALLY filled in except for in the middle, but that is almost gone as well. You really cannot tell where it was. This happened about 3-4 months ago, but it just goes to show you that these things are repairable. smile.gif

Take heart there and be encouraged. When you finally quit smoking, you will have a wonderful chance of really attacking your scars! We are rooting for you.

Thanks for the encouragement Denise! I'll go slow with the retin-a micro then and just spot treat like you say.

By the way, I intend to do the TCA every month:

1. Do you think I should start using the retin-a-micro straight after the scabs fall off ..

2. When should I stop using it before the next TCA cross?

Thanks

Maya

Maya, I can use the Retin A micro right after scabs fall off. I wouldn't use it for 5 days prior to doing the TCA spot treatment.

I recall when prepping my skin for my tca (the full face one I got at the doctor's office), that I had to use Retin A twice a day for 7 days, then I had to go for a full week with no Retin A or glycolic acid whatsoever. For whatever reason, this seems to effect the ph balance of your skin and the efficacy of the tca treatment.

I know that I didn't stop using the Retin A for 5-7 days before I did that tca spot treatment that I did. I always wonder if it would have been so hard on me if I had discontinued the Retin A for a week prior to treatment, but I dunno.... :-k

In any event, that's what I would do if it were me.

Thanks Denise - I will start using the Micro tonight - maybe every other day to start with.

Just received my gycolic acid (20% to start) how often should I use that? Plus, my intense gel shipped yesterday biggrin.gif/

Wish me luck!