Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I first started using clindamycin when my acne first started getting bad around 8th grade. I used it all throughout highschool with okay results... my acne was never terrible, but i would usually have a pimple or two on my face at any given time, and loads of red marks. My question is how long will it take for the tolerance to go away, if at all? I remember when i first started using it and it cleared me completely. My skin was very good freshman year, once i started to get in the habit of using it. But as time went by i just thought my acne was getting worse, or maybe the clindamycin was just losing effect? Anyway, i've been off it for about 2 months and i was wondering if anyone knew how long i should wait before trying it again? thanks

I had bad luck with clindamycin. It seemed to dent my skin. When the pimple went down, it just dented my skin. I found the Neutrogena multi Vitamin Acne treatment to be much better.

i use those clindamycin towellettes things for after practice and im on accutane. i notice the little towels work really well, they actually sped up my clearing by tons.

Hey tabasco, at one time the doctor prescribed clindamycin to me and asked me to forgo my normal cleanser and benzoyl peroxide treatment because the lymph node behind my right ear was swelling then and this doc surmised that it was caused by acne germ. *shocked*. Actually I believed it's some bacterial attack because I went travelling overseas and had to go through 3 flights. Anyway, after using clindamycin, my skin peeled like crazy, still broke out; and the clindamycin did little to sooth the inflammation. I ignored his advice and quickly went back to my normal cleanser and BP.

I was once in control of my acne again.