Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IPB Image

Can someone please help me come up with a Regimen to treat this red patch on my cheek? Right now I am using Johnson&Johnson Facial Liquid Cleanser Morning and Night but I stopped BP because it is only making the redness worse. I have now stopped Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner w/ AHA after 3 months because it has Alcohol in it and I feel that it's adding to my redness more.

Can someone help me on what I should use now for this? Or should I just let it run it's course and just Cleanse it?

I would use a mild PH balanced cleanser (the one Dan offers) and Benzoyle Peroxide (to rid yourself of the acne you currently have) with Aloe Vera. Your acne looks like it has the potential to scar severely so I would look into seeing a dermatologist for some antibiotics or possibly Accutane.

Edit: It also looks like you are being abrasive with your exfoliation or perhaps you are picking? Your lesions shouldn't rupture like that.

I don't really exfoliate. The only thing I did that had AHA was the Neutrogena Pore Refine Toner, I applied it with cotton balls. I was using the PURPOSE Johnson & Johnson Cleanser Bar Soap, and now using the PURPOSE Gentle Cleansing Wash by Johnson & Johnson (Liquid version). Should I still buy Dan's Liquid cleanser? I have stopped BP for about 3 months now. I don't pick at them. It is just being red I think from the Alochol in the Toner. I was told the Toner was supposed to get rid of the redness......So I have stopped that as of today and just using the cleanser on my face morning and night.

Heres another picture I took just a few minutes ago...

IPB Image

Everything around this patch is pretty much clear, this is my problem area is just I have this patch of red on my cheeks. So now all I am using is the PURPOSE Gentle Cleansing Wash Morning and Night.

Everyone here would suggestt ACCUTANE...

I personally haven't tried it yet...mainly because of the extreme side effects, and my acne is mild.

If you don't like BP, I would suggest Tea Tree Oil...it is as effective as BP without prolonging the redmark fading rate.

I don't use BP at all. I love Tea Tree Oil.

Also, you can go check out the SmashingPumpkin's thread on ACV.

Good Luck!

thanks. ill try the tea oil. But is my acne very severe? I dont know how to rate it. The redness did seem to of went down a bit from last night. I think it was because of me not cleansing my face for a few days when I ran out of my bar cleanser. The camera seems to make it look worse then how it really is when i look in the mirror. The only problem is I can't go to a dermatologist because I have no medical, so I have to stick with either the CSR or over the counter things.

thanks. ill try the tea oil. But is my acne very severe? I dont know how to rate it. The redness did seem to of went down a bit from last night. I think it was because of me not cleansing my face for a few days when I ran out of my bar cleanser. The camera seems to make it look worse then how it really is when i look in the mirror. The only problem is I can't go to a dermatologist because I have no medical, so I have to stick with either the CSR or over the counter things.

For me, yes, your acne is severe, 8 out of 10..SORRY if this hurts you. I am being honest.

But, no worry..your skin is white...the redmarks will fade with time.

I agree with you that "The camera seems to make it look worse then how it really is when i look in the mirror. ".....people here said it is the lighting problem.

GOOD LUCK....stay Happy!