Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you mean soap for your face or body? If you mean for your body, I once went to a dermatologist that told me Lever 2000 is the best and I have used it ever since. I never get acne anywhere on my body (back, chest, etc) when I use Lever, but I have tried Dove and it was awful. So, I am not a fan of Dove at all. Now, if you were speaking about your face, I use the C&C products and they are awesome.

Guest fatman_uk

Dove sucks, makes my skin clammy an sweaty... shitty.

I use Wrights Coal Tar Soap... best one i've ever used, been usin it over 6 months.

Neutrogena bars are OK, if... a little drying.

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Oh yeah, an for my body i use Original Tea Tree + Mint shower Gel... only thing that's cleared me up on my shoulders.

I apply Clean + Clear Dual Action moituriser on my shoulders aswell after a shower.

-Gaz

The Dove what? The Dove bath bar, cleansing wash or cleansing wipes? IMO, Dove is certainly NOT the authority on facial care. When I went to the derm last year, she gave me a sample of Purpose, so I stick to that.

Dove is the most drying thing I have ever used on my face. I would avoid soaps all together, but if you want a bar soap, pick something meant for face use, such as Neutrogeena bars, Purpose bar, aveeno bar, etc.

yeah i agree with ritzvin.. if you're gonna use soap on your face, get one specifically for the face. the other body soaps usually leave behind a residue that can clog your pores up. most facial ones do not leave a residue behind (like the neutrogena bar soap), i used that for a while and liked it, but if you have acne, it's not really gonna help all that much.

Bar soaps are generally not a good idea for most skin types--they are drying (due to the formulation--they can contain tallow, which irritates the skin), and can leave a film. A liquid cleanser is a better bet.

Guest Tracy

Jay,

purchase an olive oil castille bar of soap from puredeming.com

it's the best stuff I've ever used

I really love the Carley's Clean and Clear soap. It's natural soap, not packed with chemicals. Do a search on the acne.org site about it, lots of people have have good results with it. Purpose dried out my face too much. Cetaphil never felt like it rinsed clean. This soap is great.

http://www.no-acne.com/soap.htm

-Snake

I have been using purpose but with no improvement at all. I would like to switch to Aveeno (bought it today) has anybody else used it and how do you like it? On the search for the perfect soap....

Guest fatman_uk
Soap is a BIG no-no. Use a cleanser. Soap is bad for your face.

Thanks for all the feedback ppl, appreciate it!! biggrin.gif

Jay, i get it from Grahams... think they just changed their name to Bodycare, u got a shop of theirs near you?

Guest Tracy
Jay, purchase an olive oil castille bar of soap from puredeming.com it's the best stuff I've ever used

Hmmmmmm, trace. Aint the oil gonna make you break out more?! :-k :-s

I'll add it to ma list though, give it a trial!! biggrin.gif

--jay

Guest fatman_uk
No Gaz. Take a look at the average pH value of a bar of soap.

I really love the Carley's Clean and Clear soap. It's natural soap, not packed with chemicals. Do a search on the acne.org site about it, lots of people have have good results with it. Purpose dried out my face too much. Cetaphil never felt like it rinsed clean. This soap is great.

http://www.no-acne.com/soap.htm

-Snake