Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xXx

increace the amount or % ?

just curious... instead of increasing the amount of bp, shoud i just get 5% bp instead of my normal 2.5% ?

i have a hard time rubbing in a large amount of bp on the small area i need to apply it... if i add more bp, for it to absorb i need to increase the area which is useless as that isnt the problem area if you know what i mean.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

should i get 5% bp ?

There is no reason to ever increase the %. It will not work better, and will irritate more.

I do not use BP, but when I did, I started out with zapzyt, which is 10%. That really is just WAY too harsh. I would definitley take Dan's advice and never go above 2.5%.

just curious... is there actually any concrete proof that 2.5% is just as effective as 10% ??? Everyone says this, including Dan, but the source of this information is never cited. I know it says it on the on the spot box, but acne products say lots of things on their boxes. thanks

10% is more effective, in the sense that it will burn more, so then you only see red burns instead of pimples biggrin.gif Honestly, I have used both and I do not see a real difference except that 10% is so harsh and drying. I have really came to realize that less is more. I used to slather on products. Now I use a small amount and get the same results and I am spending less money because I am using less product. I have a tendency to go overboard on everything(if a little works good, a lot will work better) and with skin, you just have to condition yourself to not be heavy handed. And condition your thinking that just because it is a higher concentrate it will work better, because that is not always true.

if 2.5% works as well as 10%, why does the regimen consist of using a massive amount of BP? would it have the same effect if i just use less BP, but at 10%?

if 2.5% works as well as 10%, why does the regimen consist of using a massive amount of BP?  would it have the same effect if i just use less BP, but at 10%?

I think Neutrogena meant that their 2.5% bp product is as effective as 10% bp because it contains "special blend of ingredients to enhance the benzoyl peroxide's penetration" (in other words, combination of bp and bentonite) and not 2.5% bp in general. I think higher percentage of bp is more effective to those who will not get irritated from it.

I have cited a study before on here, but it was months and months ago. If I get a chance I'll dredge it up.