Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, i got a white head pimple and i started using Benzac AC water gel topical version of it 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. well i am using it as instructed by the lil booklet and it said to use it for 2 hours for the first 3 days then leave it on for the whole night. well after 2 days i have done that, i.e. used it for 2 hours each day. the whiteheads gone whiter :s and its a lil bigger now, i am not sure if i should stop. the difference isnt drastic but it seems a little bigger and gone whiter on the top. help plz, what should i do?

hi, i got a white head pimple and i started using Benzac AC water gel topical version of it 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. well i am using it as instructed by the lil booklet and it said to use it for 2 hours for the first 3 days then leave it on for the whole night. well after 2 days i have done that, i.e. used it for 2 hours each day. the whiteheads gone whiter :s and its a lil bigger now, i am not sure if i should stop. the difference isnt drastic but it seems a little bigger and gone whiter on the top. help plz, what should i do?

do a rain dance for god and thank him that your only problem w/ acne is "a white head pimple".

DON't USE that acne gel. It will only get you hooked. Your face may clear up a bit in the beginning but thenit will slowly worsen over time.

DUMP all soaps, ,scrubs, lotions, gels etc. and just wash your face or dunk your face in hot water once every day (no more than once) and while your acne won't vanish overnight..... you will be thankful that you didn't make your skin worse like I did by overwashing and slathering BP gels on for years with the desperate HOPE that they would kick in.

no soap, no lotions or gels. Just WATER ONLY.... it takes time but works long term.

BP works for mild inflammatory acne, but you have to be consistent about it. Take a look at Dan's Clear Skin Regimen on this site - the 2.5% BP you have would work fine. You need to apply a good amount everyday to the entire effected area (not just to active breakouts) and then moisturize on top because BP is very drying, and dryness is irritating and can increase breakouts. If that isn't enough to clear you, ask your doctor to give a topical retinoid like Differin as well that opens pores.

DON't USE that acne gel. It will only get you hooked. Your face may clear up a bit in the beginning but thenit will slowly worsen over time.

DUMP all soaps, ,scrubs, lotions, gels etc. and just wash your face or dunk your face in hot water once every day (no more than once) and while your acne won't vanish overnight..... you will be thankful that you didn't make your skin worse like I did by overwashing and slathering BP gels on for years with the desperate HOPE that they would kick in.

no soap, no lotions or gels. Just WATER ONLY.... it takes time but works long term.

Lol,

when I didn't have an Anti-biotic,

I used to boil water then I used a clean towel and massaged the hot water on my face. I advise that many people not do this, since it is very hot. At that time, I had no medication. However Bacteria usually can not survive 212F plus Heat so I was sure that My skin would be okay. Plus I used a refining mask as well Lol.