Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karlina

salicylic acid

Can I use 2% salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide? I still have half a tube of Neutrogena's Clear Pore Treatment (with 2% salicylic acid) and it's a waste to just throw it away and buy benzoyl peroxide.

BTW, can lack of sleep gives you acne?

Do you mean for Dan's regimen? Then you wouldn't really be on the regimen. I think they work in completely different ways. Salicylic acid, I believe works as an exfoliant by loosening the surface layers of dead skin whereas bp is used to attack the bacteria. It's possible to use both together as long as your skin can take it.

As for lack of sleep, I don't know if it encourages breakouts but I do tend to get little red dots if this happens.

I think sleep can have a negative effect on your skin , in my personal experience it has best to aim to get about 8-9 hours of sleep per night minimum.

I had insomnia due to some hormonal problems that, Thank God, have been straightened out. But,when I saw a holistic pracitioner here was her explanation of the sleep/break out connection:

The body repairs itself and revitalizes itself during sleep. Too little sleep impares this function. So, you are more apt to get sick, infections(my pimples never seemed to heal...even after they were drained, they would remain as sores forever...not happening anymore, although would be tough for me to say just getting more sleep has helped) , ect. Prolonged periods of too little sleep can lead to an overload of stress hormones which are bad for you skin...and if you ask me, your health in general.